Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! about the theme in menu its ok! I read more and now I understand that is a different area, thanks for the update, we are always
awaiting the next one, Congrats for the the best portable nes emulator! Greetings!!

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if it's been mentioned at all (there are now 81 pages to wade through!) but I thought I'd mention Kirby's Adventure. The game glitches all over the places and the screen jerks a fair bit too. Are there possible fixes for this?

Apart from that, great job on this oft-updated emu. :)

PS: Fancy doing something similar with a GB emulator? :P

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't know if it's been mentioned at all (there are now 81 pages to wade through!) but I thought I'd mention Kirby's Adventure. The game glitches all over the places and the screen jerks a fair bit too. Are there possible fixes for this?

I can vouch for gfx glitches whilst playing Kirby's Adventure. It doesn't affect gameplay though.
Try Kirby's Adventure (E) [!].nes from goodnes. Set the Game Timing to PAL.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll take a look at that and get all my nes roms verified through goodnes.

Edit: my version of kirby's adventure is verified as a clean dump.

Odd graphical glitches still happen whilst the timing is set to PAL.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Humminghao,

Just wanted to update with you there. Saw the posting for r114. Download provided on the article page here thankfully included its nesds.ini as well. Installed both to their usual place on the DStwo's SD card.

First thing I noticed is that sound no longer appears to have that glitch that the prior build I ran did (which thankfully seemed to be fixed by just closing/opening the lid again). Though it was a relatively minor thing, props for getting that fixed.

Also of note. While the start+select to load another ROM still causes an immediate crash, I have noticed that using the touch screen menu to go to load another ROM will actually work now. So grateful to be able to hop from game to game like I used to. While the key shortcut might arguably be faster, I'm just glad I found a way that doesn't auto-crash the thing at last.

Thank you for all the hard work you must have been putting in this app, humminghao. It is greatly appreciated.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
btw i tried the nifi and its a bit out of sync:s maybe cause i used a single flashcard and a Dslite and 3ds?

I tried D D 3 everything went ok so i reach the first playable screen.I can move both characters but after a while i let the enemy to kill me and even tho 1 of the 2 players died the other was walking around and interacting with the dead player.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try the nifi test version:
The only problem with multiplayer is that the screen on the second DS can't keep up with the gameplay: the first player's DS is exactly in sync with what the second player is doing, but the second player's DS has a visual delay that makes playing many games virtually impossible.
The 2p's screen is delayed due to the wifi delay.... The typical delay for 2P is 100ms, which is very noticeable for playing.
I dont have another nds, so I could not make update for it.
If any one would help testing my demo nesDS with nifi updates, please tell me. I could make some binaries for you and then reply me with the result...

ps:
I just made a special version for nesDS1.2b, with nifi delay set to 20ms... Please help test it.
https://sourceforge....ms.zip/download

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program refuses to load on my R4i-SDHC v1.4.2, reflashed to 1.4.4 on a DSi. When I select nesDS from Moonshell, DSOrganize, "Carga Super Mario Galaxy" or the default file menu, all I get is a white screen. My card has Auto DLDI patching.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For Nifi i was playing Snow bros with my gf and we lost connection about at 40 lvl
Im using a 3DS and DSL with a single card...maybe due to that?
Double dragon 1 2 3 worked really fine and nintendo world cup
Didnt test the whole games but for 5m maximum
I can try testing more games if you want

huiminghao are you thinking of adding an image background for the upperscreen?i can try to make someth
Just for Gui purposes ofc ;p.Does the r114 contain the ms delay for nifi?

Is there any chance to make it able to fully config the buttons? i want start button on X for example

Does anyone have any site with list for cheats?i mean i had some .xml files(cheats) on VirtualNES pc emulator.Can we have something like that for nesds too?
There is a problem with PAL-NTSC timing im sure.I know cause i had a game and i knew how fast the sound was and when i use an NTSC and try to set it to PAL it sounds much much slower than it should be

EDIT : i fully edited my post due to doublepost

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'll take a look at that and get all my nes roms verified through goodnes.
Edit: my version of kirby's adventure is verified as a clean dump.
Odd graphical glitches still happen whilst the timing is set to PAL.
e.. I have no idea on what to do on that game.... now.

Hey Humminghao,
Just wanted to update with you there. Saw the posting for r114. Download provided on the article page here thankfully included its nesds.ini as well. Installed both to their usual place on the DStwo's SD card.
First thing I noticed is that sound no longer appears to have that glitch that the prior build I ran did (which thankfully seemed to be fixed by just closing/opening the lid again). Though it was a relatively minor thing, props for getting that fixed.
Also of note. While the start+select to load another ROM still causes an immediate crash, I have noticed that using the touch screen menu to go to load another ROM will actually work now. So grateful to be able to hop from game to game like I used to. While the key shortcut might arguably be faster, I'm just glad I found a way that doesn't auto-crash the thing at last.
Thank you for all the hard work you must have been putting in this app, humminghao. It is greatly appreciated.
Happy that it works better on dstwo. I can not help test it.

This program refuses to load on my R4i-SDHC v1.4.2, reflashed to 1.4.4 on a DSi. When I select nesDS from Moonshell, DSOrganize, "Carga Super Mario Galaxy" or the default file menu, all I get is a white screen. My card has Auto DLDI patching.
I can not test it.

For Nifi i was playing Snow bros with my gf and we lost connection about at 40 lvl
Im using a 3DS and DSL with a single card...maybe due to that?
Double dragon 1 2 3 worked really fine and nintendo world cup
Didnt test the whole games but for 5m maximum
I can try testing more games if you want

huiminghao are you thinking of adding an image background for the upperscreen?i can try to make someth
Just for Gui purposes ofc ;p.Does the r114 contain the ms delay for nifi?

Is there any chance to make it able to fully config the buttons? i want start button on X for example

Does anyone have any site with list for cheats?i mean i had some .xml files(cheats) on VirtualNES pc emulator.Can we have something like that for nesds too?
There is a problem with PAL-NTSC timing im sure.I know cause i had a game and i knew how fast the sound was and when i use an NTSC and try to set it to PAL it sounds much much slower than it should be

EDIT : i fully edited my post due to doublepost
Thanks for your info. Seems there is still some bugs on nifi. r114 has a 10ms delayed nifi. The sync buffer before is about 800ms, for r114 is 160ms, which makes it unreliable.
You should use NTSC when playing NTSC timed game, or PAL for that timed. There should be only one correct choice for one rom.
I would make an option for users to adjust the nifi delays and the sync buffer.
No plan for any theme update. I almost have no time for nesDS currently....

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For those that are having problems with cheats its amazingly easy to do it

gonna explain a bit for those(like me) noobs ;p
ok first of all choose what game you want and go here

http://www.consoleda...com/cheats/nes/
http://bsfree.shadowflareindustries.com/index.php

Its some of the best databases for Pro action replay codes

Lets say i want a cheat for Double Dragon 3
I found: Infinite Energy for Player 1 -----> 0004 5D54

So now that we got our cheat lets go to the nesDS

Load up your rom and...

Menu -> Cheat -> List and press add new one
After you do you will see on the upper place of the touchscreen a value
My value for the DD3 cheat is add:0x000 val:0x00 type:once E
this is where we put our cheat.Press the E which is with blue font and clickable
When you press it you will see below something like this

0x0 0 0 0x0 0 Type:fix/once ok del
If i want to add the code which is 0004 5D54 it must look like this (ignore the first 3 numbers)

0x4 5 D 0x5 4.When you finish choose the type fix/once

Once is if you want it like disable.
Fix is if you want it like enabled

SO! press ok and then go to Cheat tab and press save to file

um...this is it.Sorry if my english and my explanation is hard to understand but comment if you need further help
I didnt bother but if i get a Linux ds emulator i will post images :s

Reactions: YOUCANTSTOPME

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Humminghao,

Seems I somewhat traced a problem specifically with Nintendo World Championships 1990... I have tried several NES roms with no issue; yet for some reason aftre loading this one, no way of loading another ROM file will work; then again, even on nestopia, it seems to be fussy about allowing resets.

I haven't tried anything regarding savestates lately, given how crash-happy the last several builds were. Hoping someone else could chime in and verify.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if my english and my explanation is hard to understand
You could always just paraphrase what I put in the wiki some time back (FAQs if anyone cares)...
To use standard PAR codes, just take the last 6 digits of the code. The first four are the address and the latter two are the value.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Humminghao,

Seems I somewhat traced a problem specifically with Nintendo World Championships 1990... I have tried several NES roms with no issue; yet for some reason aftre loading this one, no way of loading another ROM file will work; then again, even on nestopia, it seems to be fussy about allowing resets.

I haven't tried anything regarding savestates lately, given how crash-happy the last several builds were. Hoping someone else could chime in and verify.
So far i didnt have this problem with this game.One of my favorites tho
Sorry if my english and my explanation is hard to understand
You could always just paraphrase what I put in the wiki some time back (FAQs if anyone cares)...
To use standard PAR codes, just take the last 6 digits of the code. The first four are the address and the latter two are the value.

Seriously i dont know how exactly to do it

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Err...so despite the people here liking and apparently using nesDS, there aren't very many people doing anything to the wiki...
There now is a compatibility listing with the USA region games (and I'm eventually adding Europe region games that never had a US release...if there are any games like that) and there has been a list for the Japan region games for a while now. It's really simple to fill out and takes less than a minute per entry.
While you are playing your obviously working NES games, just take a small amount of time to check if the entry was added in the compatibility list, and if it isn't, then please add it. So, show you actually care about the homebrew and fill out the compatibility list and stuffs...(while I'm doing shitty monotonous work checking all of the links to make sure they go to the right wiki page...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: