Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noticed a directory listing error. I added 829 files to /NES/ directory on my MicroSD but only 256 files are displayed. Is this a known bug/limitation introduced in the new versions? I was able to see all the files with the old nesDS builds.

CycloDS iEvo v2.2
Running nesDS v0.45a_v2

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
IcySon55 said:
Noticed a directory listing error. I added 829 files to /NES/ directory on my MicroSD but only 256 files are displayed. Is this a known bug/limitation introduced in the new versions? I was able to see all the files with the old nesDS builds.

CycloDS iEvo v2.2
Running nesDS v0.45a_v2
http://gbatemp.net/t283008-updates-about-n...t&p=3536942

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read all 17 pages of this, but if you're looking for games to fix, there was a thread way back on the old nesDS compatibility Here. You've fixed several games here though already, but it makes for a handy checklist.

CrisR82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't read all 17 pages (cant spare much time lately), but I wanted to ask:
Has anyone noticed that some games play too fast? An example would be Super Mario Bros. which seems to run at aproximately x1.5 faster than normal.

Am I doing something wrong or it's just a thing of the emulator at this stage?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there real-time save? If there is, I can't seem to find it.

I've only tried Zelda on it so far.

It seems A is mapped to A and B, and B is mapped to X and Y

When I try to enter my name at the beginning, it spazzes out and hits the same letter multiple times.

I can't seem to select "save" when the game is over, only "continue"

Am I the only one? I'm using EZ Flash Vi.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
CrisR82 said:
Has anyone noticed that some games play too fast? An example would be Super Mario Bros. which seems to run at aproximately x1.5 faster than normal.

nesDS does not support the speed limit for the PAL games, which would runs faster than they ought to be.
I will patch that later...
Actually, EX0.22 support that... but it didn't inherit down. It is hard to collect the infos of the PAL games. If you have one, tell me the PRGCRC under the 'DEBUG' tab.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
Is there real-time save? If thee is, I can't seem to find it.
When I try to enter my name at the beginning, it spazzes out and hits the same letter multiple times.
I can"t seem to select "save" when the game is over, only "continue"
o.0? Have you never used nesDS before? It's not called realtime save, it's just a savestate and by default it is currently mapped to Start+Down to savestate, Start+Up to loadstate.
A is mapped as turbo A, B is mapped as A, Y is mapped as B, and X is mapped as turbo B...it's been the same since...whenever turbo was added...some long time ago.

CrisR82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
huiminghao said:
CrisR82 said:

nesDS does not support the speed limit for the PAL games, which would runs faster than they ought to be.
I will patch that later...
Actually, EX0.22 support that... but it didn't inherit down.

Oh, didn't know that. Well, thanks for the info.
happy.gif

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
Actually, EX0.22 support that... but it didn't inherit down. It is hard to collect the infos of the PAL games. If you have one, tell me the PRGCRC under the 'DEBUG' tab.
Yes? 0.31 doesn't support?

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
avenir said:
huiminghao said:
Yes? 0.31 doesn't support?
e.... 0.31 did also support it, but it was a EX version....
I need to write a program(to read a database) to see what games are running as PAL.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
IcySon55 said:
jurassicplayer said:
Thanks. I read through most of the thread and jumped to the end around page 10.
happy.gif
;

Probably going to compile a custom version then...

Well then you'll be happy that he ported it to devkitARM and libnds, since that makes building MUCH easier than it used to be
smile.gif
Eh... it builds a bit faster (from ~45 sec down to ~30 sec.), but it's not particularly easier or faster to make edits.
I personally preferred the GCC build honestly, since it was one folder less I had to go trough to make edits.

But now that it's got an INI file I don't have to make hardly any changes (any if the "/DATA/" or "./" paths ere added).

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a couple of requests for the next version. First, please add an .ini setting to set the sprite rendering method (per frame or per scanline). Second, StarTropics still does not work right as of 0.45a, hopefully it can be fixed fairly easily (if not, don't worry about it too much).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
I have a couple of requests for the next version. First, please add an .ini setting to set the sprite rendering method (per frame or per scanline).
It's already in there, though not an "obvious" description.

Spline=#
0 = Per Frame
1 = Per Scanline

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
jurassicplayer said:
regnad said:
o.0? Have you never used nesDS before? It's not called realtime save, it's just a savestate and by default it is currently mapped to Start+Down to savestate, Start+Up to loadstate.
A is mapped as turbo A, B is mapped as A, Y is mapped as B, and X is mapped as turbo B...it's been the same since...whenever turbo was added...some long time ago.

Thanks for the info!! No, I hadn't used it before. This information should be displayed somewhere -- either on the website, or the bottom screen, or a txt file included in the ZIP download, or something.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
jurassicplayer said:
regnad said:

Thanks for the info!! No, I hadn't used it before. This information should be displayed somewhere -- either on the website, or the bottom screen, or a txt file included in the ZIP download, or something.
Except "Save States" is the common term in most if not ALL emulators.
"Real Time Save" is usually used for devices that work on real hardware.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
qwertymodo said:
IcySon55 said:
jurassicplayer said:
happy.gif
;

Well then you'll be happy that he ported it to devkitARM and libnds, since that makes building MUCH easier than it used to be
smile.gif
Eh... it builds a bit faster (from ~45 sec down to ~30 sec.), but it's not particularly easier or faster to make edits.
I personally preferred the GCC build honestly, since it was one folder less I had to go trough to make edits.

But now that it's got an INI file I don't have to make hardly any changes (any if the "/DATA/" or "./" paths ere added).

Well, it's annoying having to set up a dev environment specifically for a single project. It's nice being able to use the same environment for all of your NDS projects. Plus, devkitPro is super easy to set up and update. I have no idea what you had to use to compile the original nesDS (before the EX versions were even ported to gcc, much less using libnds/etc.)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
twiztidsinz said:
qwertymodo said:
IcySon55 said:
jurassicplayer said:
happy.gif
;

smile.gif

Well, it's annoying having to set up a dev environment specifically for a single project. It's nice being able to use the same environment for all of your NDS projects. Plus, devkitPro is super easy to set up and update. I have no idea what you had to use to compile the original nesDS (before the EX versions were even ported to gcc, much less using libnds/etc.)
DevKitPro was always able to compiled it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?