Hacking Question Updated to 7.0.1 is it possible to downgrade?

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a switch with the serial number that is not "patched" aka one of the earlier relases and I f*cked up and updated to 7.0.1 firmware and I am wondering if I can downgrade to 6.2 any chance? I have made a full NAND backup since a long time ago if that helps? I am using SXOS or at least I was but now I can get it into RCM mode but sxos refuses to boot, i can boot into OFW mode as well, it's just CFW that refuses to load, I am stuck and I could really use some help please :(

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe some other CFW is but for me and others that i've seen online has the same issue. I have it formatted as exfat so i can fit my 15gb+ games

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you're using the latest version of SX OS? You're going to want to actually solve this problem, because you're going to have to update to 7.0+ anyway if you want to play newer games in the future.

Reactions: Hayato213

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer games like Hellblade require 7.0 in a way that cannot be bypassed. 7.0.1 is where you want to be. Don't downgrade.

Kaydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for all the replies guys! I downloaded the beta from sxos and when i inject the payload i can go into the menu where i can choose between OFW / CFW etc but when i try and boot the CFW it just goes black and nothing happens and i dont know how to fix it or what to try.

Please I really need help solving this i am traveling in a few days and I will be miserable without my switch..

Edit: It works now! I reformatted the SD and put everything back in, redownloaded the boot and this time it actually worked! thank you so much for all the help and the quick responses

Last edited by Kaydoe,
Reactions: eyeliner

icewarp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bf2brasil.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you so much for all the replies guys! I downloaded the beta from sxos and when i inject the payload i can go into the menu where i can choose between OFW / CFW etc but when i try and boot the CFW it just goes black and nothing happens and i dont know how to fix it or what to try.

Please I really need help solving this i am traveling in a few days and I will be miserable without my switch..

Edit: It works now! I reformatted the SD and put everything back in, redownloaded the boot and this time it actually worked! thank you so much for all the help and the quick responses

Are you able to install 1GB or bigger .nsp files on sxos 2.6.1? I am having a hard time with it, only small games can be installed. The thing crashes as soon as I click on the Album icon when any 1GB+ size file is on the microsd filesystem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_