Hacking Updated to 4.3wan, nothing works

Letiumtide

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my haste for wanting a solution for updating to 4.3 I updated using a supposed crappy method, which was using Waninkoko's 4.3b updater.

Everything is there, I can enter homebrew loader, I can use previously installed WADS, but trying to enter into ANYTHING in the homebrew loader means nothing happens. I updated the homebrew loader to 1.08 to see if that helped, it did not.

So basically nothing works now, I can enter into it, but nothing happens. I can't play backups, install wads or really do anything else.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Steads

Trophies
Website
zippymail.info
XP
Country
United States
Start over.

If you've already updated the homebrew channel - its no problem to download the official 4.3 update (either via wifi or using NUS downloader)

Then all you have to do it reinstall your cIOS wads and make it all work again.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
LOL.

You made it sound like a brick.
That's what I thought this was going to be when I clicked on it...

Wanin usually makes great software (like cIOS), but his firmware updaters are junk. They patch ALL your IOSes. Even worse is the fact old ones tend to become brickware when a new SM comes out...

Letiumtide

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steads said:
Start over.

If you've already updated the homebrew channel - its no problem to download the official 4.3 update (either via wifi or using NUS downloader)

Then all you have to do it reinstall your cIOS wads and make it all work again.

I'm afraid I'm a little greener than that, I know the basics but I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Do I need to do my twilight hack again? If I download the official 4.3 update won't it ruin my system more so?

Thanks for the hasty reply.

Steads

Trophies
Website
zippymail.info
XP
Country
United States
Letiumtide said:
I'm afraid I'm a little greener than that, I know the basics but I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Do I need to do my twilight hack again? If I download the official 4.3 update won't it ruin my system more so?

Thanks for the hasty reply.

Your twilight hack was so you could install the HBC. If you have updated your HBC to the latest version BEFORE updating your wii via the nintendo wifi update you will not lose the HBC.

Since you'll still have the HBC, you'll be able to use MMM (Multi Mod Manger) to install the cIOS files you need.
Email simplisticmod[at]gmail.com (you'll get an auto reply, so no need for an actual message). He'll give you the new apps you'll want to use.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should have updated to 4.3 with Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition that's all i did and i did not even have to install my cIOS again only Priiloader cause i wanted to but not an necessity.

Since you got the latest HBC; lets grab MMM [MultiModManager] --->>> http://goo.gl/Z3na , IOS236 installer --->>> http://goo.gl/nGrm, Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition --->>> http://goo.gl/d1UR

Go ahead & make sure you have IOS236 installed, --->>> Load Up MMM [MultiModManager] and reload IOS236 and install any IOS you may be missing might as well install a non patched IOS36 since anything you used this particular IOS for you can now use your newly IOS236
smile.gif
(might as well install those new Korean ios ninty added) --->>> Go back to your HBC and load up Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition, all you have to do is reinstall your system menu 4.3 either using Online or Wad Installation.

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INSTALL THE IOS THAT THE NEW SYSMENU WILL BE USING SO SYSMENU4.3 USES IOS80 INSTALL THAT BEFOR INSTALLING THE NEW SYSMENU!

When you attempt to install a new SysMenu it'll ask you about Priiloader, just choose to save it's settings and install the New SysMenu but still reinstall Priiloader for precaution reasons, not necessary however.

This is exactly how I installed mine. Not really sure what your problem is but Possibly installing a New SysMenu will fix it along with new non patched up to date IOS. If you ever want to install a new SysMenu do it with Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition
smile.gif

The use of these Safe Updaters are pointless when you can do it this way and not have to redo any of your softmods.

DO NOT UPDATE BOOT2; IT SERVES NO PURPOSE AND DOES NOT EFFECT ANYTHING WITH THE WII.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dop-Mii can update your Shop Channel as well that's what I used to do so
smile.gif
cause you can use use MMM [MultiModManager] or Dop-Mii to install your IOS up to date so just update the Shop Channel or any other Channel with Dop-Mii and you will have no issues.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grab MMM [MultiModManager] --->>> http://goo.gl/Z3na , IOS236 installer --->>> http://goo.gl/nGrm, Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition --->>> http://goo.gl/d1UR

Ok here is the basic rundown when you installed Waninkoko's Safe Updater it patches all your IOS, so you want to get Non Patched IOS files you can either use Dop-Mii or MMM (MMM is a little easier to do this with) both apps are simple to use. The reason you want IOS236 is case it can overwrite STUB IOS that you may have. A STUB is a useless IOS that does absolutely nothing but take up space
frown.gif
& since there may be problems from using a IOS that is trucha signed or patched so as long as you have IOS236 you may use this to install WAD or anything else that you would normally use IOS249 or whatever IOS you use with WAD Manager. Now you can have a non patched IOS36 for better compatibility. And we use Dop-Mii to install the SysMenu
smile.gif
by using dopmii to install the new sysmenu you do not mess up any of your softmods so everything is in tact.

The basic rule for IOS is not to delete anything below IOS200 or not to install any STUB IOS as they just take up space.

I hope i explained everything.

IOS236 - is your replacement to IOS36 so you can have a non patched version and never worry about it being deleted during future updates.
MMM - is your best Wad Manager out there; able to downgrade IOS15 to patch IOS36 and restore IOS15 back w/o you even having to sit there. It can install IOS or update IOS on your Wii, it can display your SysMenu & Boot Info, and even launch homebrew. It can do more but it's universal.
Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition - can be used with IOS 236 or the IOS58+ABHROOT (for direct hardware access) to install IOS/SysMenu/Boot2/Wii Channels
(ex.Shop/Weather/Mii...etc.)

So for future SysMenu Updates all you have to do is make sure to preinstall the IOS that SysMenu may use. If you want to play WiiWare/VC games off the sd card that you found online or made yourself you will need to patch your SysMenu IOS with Trucha Bug. Honestly I just play mine through my USB loader since they support Emulated Nand now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D