Hacking Updated n00b guide to setting up your Acekard

EroLupin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
if you don't have access to a DS Phat/ DS Lite or a DSi with FirmWare =< 1.3 you *must* purchase your Acekard 2i from a retailer such as ShopTemp .
Should I have alerted someone at ShopTemp that I needed my cart flashed before I bought it? I bought mine there and still get the error message on the DSi. On to finding an older DS?

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry Ero, when you add it to the basket you have to select the 'Flashing Update'. I have that displayed when you hover over the ShopTemp link, as I didn't want to clutter was is already a cluttered post.

Wafflez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Sorry Ero, when you add it to the basket you have to select the 'Flashing Update'. I have that displayed when you hover over the ShopTemp link, as I didn't want to clutter was is already a cluttered post.

Yeah, ShopTemp.com has a flash service option. You must select "None" in the Micro SD drop down option. It'll then enable the Service drop down menu for flash option. I'm in the process of canceling my order because I thought there wasn't any service option available.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a Acekard 2i and used this guide to set it up. I just wanted to say thanks for the great guide. It was fantastic to have all the info so nicely laid out in one place. Kudo's for the great work & thanks again!

Deserving of being a sticky in my opinion.

NinjaMic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my DS Lite today and used this guide to set up the Acekard

everything works perfectly
yaynds.gif

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't... I don't have one. Otherwise I would have added it. It would be foolish for me to add something to the guide, which I don't really know much about. I wouldn't want people following a guide which is wrong.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
great thread
yay.gif
, but i wanted to know are you going to include any info on YSmenu? also can YSmenu brick the AK2i?

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe it's been said YSMenu can brick the Acekard 2i, as it can write to regions it's not supposed to. There are already so many guides on here for YSMenu, i'll leave it to them as some are pretty good. I think there's a guide somewhere on here for the Acekard/ YSmenu which is sometimes used by the R4i Ultra users.

Yojiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Simple noob question, I need to run the hack/update because my DSi is on firmware 1.4, Does it require anything on the card besides that?, currently theres the latest AKAIO and games on it, will it work fine or does it require some official software?
Asking just to make sure I don't screw anything up

Thanks in advance.
Yojiro

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All you can do is check you are using the firmware update with "new" in the filename.

I've bricked mine before, and was able to unbrick it using an R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?