Hacking Updated A9LH, but still have to boot with SD Card

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been many months since I've updated anything on my 3DS, and I decided to do so today.
I followed the 3ds.guide: https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh

It updated my Luma (which I was far behind on) and seems to updated A9LH because nothing went wrong, my console still boots up like normal with the SD card in.

But when I got to Section 4 "CTR NAND Luma Update", I followed it exactly. I even see the arm9loaderhax.bin on my CTR NAND, but when I boot the console with no SD card, it just shuts off like it used to on the old A9LH.

Any clue why it won't let me boot into sysnand without my SD card?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's kind of a stupid suggestion, but how sure are you that you haven't been inadvertently booting emunand with luma all this time (instead of sysnand)?

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Well then.

I didn't think about my emunand :P
I do use emunand, but I figured that if there was no SD card, it would automatically just boot sysnand, since it can't detect an emunand. I guess that is not the case?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Well then.

I do use emunand, but I figured that if there was no SD card, it would automatically just boot sysnand, since it can't detect an emunand. I guess that is not the case?

What I meant is, is your sysnand bricked? Can you boot sysnand with the sd in?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It definitely seems like your a9lh did not get updated for whatever reason. I don't know why.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It definitely seems like your a9lh did not get updated for whatever reason. I don't know why.
I'm telling you, you have to copy arm9loaderhax.bin to your CTRNAND. I even updated my guide with steps on doing so.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm telling you, you have to copy arm9loaderhax.bin to your CTRNAND. I even updated my guide with steps on doing so.

He wasn't following your guide, read what he said in the OP "I followed [Plailect's guide] exactly. I even see the arm9loaderhax.bin on my CTR NAND, but when I boot the console with no SD card, it just shuts off like it used to on the old A9LH."

Reactions: Quantumcat

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
He wasn't following your guide, read what he said in the OP "I followed [Plailect's guide] exactly. I even see the arm9loaderhax.bin on my CTR NAND, but when I boot the console with no SD card, it just shuts off like it used to on the old A9LH."
That can also happen with other CFWs that don't support arm9loaderhax.bin in CTRNAND.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Well then.

Were you on EmuNAND when you used FBI to copy arm9loaderhax.bin to CTRNAND? If so, it's on your EmuNAND'S CTRNAND and not being very useful. :)

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out the problem. I feel extremely stupid right now.

So what happened, Yes, I did copy the arm9loadhax.bin to CTR NAND on my EMUNAND. Not sysnand. I didn't think that one through at all, but all is working now!

Thanks for the help though! So yeah, make sure if you use emunand to copy that file to the sysnand CTR Nand because you know, it must read from sysnand since the SD card isn't in...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-