updated 3ds and acekard 2i

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jonmmill, Apr 29, 2012.

1. jonmmill
    OP

jonmmill Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2012
    Hi, I updated my 3ds to version 4.0.0-7 and then updated my acekard 2i to new firmware but now my card no longer works. When I try and update acekard it keeps saying update cancelled even though i havent pressed any buttons. Should I have updated my card first and is my card no good now?

2. Codename

Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    If you updated your Acekard before updating your 3DS, I assume that your finger might've hit a button or two by accident. Same happened to me. If so, then you should have remove all hands from the 3DS system (remember to place it on a table before! :P) immediately after pressing 'A' to load the software (aka the update software). Then, you can press 'Start'. If you did exactly what I said and it still doesn't work, try contacting www.acekard.com. They have an email somewhere there....

3. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    General rule of thumb:

Update your card first, then your system.

Failing to do that, find a DS Lite or Phat and update your card on it. You can't use the updated 3DS to run the Acekard's update.

4. jonmmill
    OP

jonmmill Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2012
    i used a ds lite to do the update, but still says update cancelled even though i dont touch any buttons.

5. Codename

Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    then, guess what? you're screwed!

6. ErnisDy

ErnisDy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2012
    A bit of off topic, but what if my 3DS is 4v and I never used flashcard, can I simply buy an flashcard and use it or I will need another DS to update it first?

7. jonmmill
    OP

jonmmill Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2012
    bugger. so need to buy another acekard or are there any better ones out there?

8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Jonmmill, see if it's a contact issue, I've seen that stop the update from progressing.
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues/

ErnisDy, you'll only need to update if the store you buy the flash cart from doesn't update it before sending it to you.

9. ErnisDy

ErnisDy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2012
    Thanks!

10. jonmmill
    OP

jonmmill Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2012
    Thanks for that. Gave the card a good clean and now it works. Thanks a lot. Will remember next time to update card first.

11. weedian

weedian Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2011
    Sorry to threadjack...

Am I correct in assuming that I can update my Acekard on my 3DS? As long as I haven't upgraded to the latest 3DS firmware everything should be alright?

12. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    if you can boot your Acekard, you can update the firmware.

13. weedian

weedian Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2011
    Great, that's the best way I've heard it explained. Thanks.