Hacking Update to 9.0 - 9.5

KasaiWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title suggest. I was just wondering if there was a way to manually update the 3DS (original 3DS not the new one) to get it to firmware 9.0 to 9.5 but not over that. I don't know if it's possible but I am hoping it is. I got a 3DS with firmware 7 on it and I don't want to update it further. I don't have any Gameway or Sky3DS card it's just basically to use the Spider Injection.

So yeah any help would be awesome. Thank you in advanced.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow awesome, I didn't know there was such a site. I'm relatively new to this but that's pretty awesome.

It looks like the only one I could get is Xenoblade Chronicles. Though I don't think that would work too well in the old 3DS.

Won't work I think.
You can always try the 4 game that are on 9.0-9.2

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, don't do it. Best bet is to stay at 9.0 (below 9.2) and get a Gateway.

Stay on 9.0 (below 9.2) and go DL the Gateway Ultra Pack from their site. Put LOADER.dat onto your SD card and backup your sysNAND and dump your retail carts and their savedata.

You do not need a Gateway cartridge to do this.

Go get a Gateway. By the time it shows up on your doorstep, you'll be all backed up and ready to install it.

And you can't go any higher than 9.5.0-22x. If you go to 9.5.0-23x you lose spider injection/pokeinjection.

D

Deleted-19228

Please stop calling it pokeinjection...It's really confusing people. I've seen countless threads in the last few days that you keep referring to "pokeinjection" the term didn't even exist until you started calling it that. Literally the first google hit is your thread.

You can't go to >= 9.3 or you lose all injections. Not sure what you mean by going higher than 9.5. You have already lost all current exploits if you go to 9.3

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please stop calling it pokeinjection...It's really confusing people. I've seen countless threads in the last few days that you keep referring to "pokeinjection" the term didn't even exist until you started calling it that. Literally the first google hit is your thread.

You can't go to >= 9.3 or you lose all injections. Not sure what you mean by going higher than 9.5. You have already lost all current exploits if you go to 9.3

Wow? Really? Let me check... "Poke Injection" leads you straight to... (see links below) while my "pokeinjection" is the first hit.

I am currently on 9.5.0-22U. I can use the spider exploit and PKHeX to import/export pokemon:
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...Sav-Save-File-Dumping-Injection-for-X-Y-OR-AS
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44567-Web-Browser-RAM-based-Box-Import-Export-code

The moment you hit 9.5.0-23U it's blocked. They even state it.

If you're above 9.2, you can't use LOADER.DAT/Gateway Menu, so... yeah, poke injection. That moment where you're too far gone but not over the cliff yet...

The proper term is RAM2SAV.

I did not invent it. I am just too lazy to put a space in it. I'm sure someone else used this term long before I did.

It has other uses, like RAM dumping your headers. But it requires hex editing skills.

D

Deleted-19228

k9UWqii.png

KasaiWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys well small update. I got Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3DS and it updated the 3DS to firmware 9.4.0 and thus far I've tried everything to use the Browser exploit to Gen Pokemon. I can't understand why it isn't working> I fear I may have done something with Xenoblade but I don't know. Can someone point out anything I can do?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys well small update. I got Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3DS and it updated the 3DS to firmware 9.4.0 and thus far I've tried everything to use the Browser exploit to Gen Pokemon. I can't understand why it isn't working> I fear I may have done something with Xenoblade but I don't know. Can someone point out anything I can do?
Doesn't it only work on the old 3DS? Xenoblade only runs on the new one, so that might be it.
Edit: Oh wait, you can use Xenoblade to even update an old 3DS? Huh. Never mind then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill