[Update] The new Pokemon rumors (Let's go Eevee/Pikachu)

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Chary, May 15, 2018 at 4:55 PM.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    not hard to implement? imagine every tiny corner of grass that needs coding to make pokemons apear with diferent moveset at diferent lvl at diferent evolutions, now all the trainers also , this would be a tremendous amount of codding considering there are over 800+pokemons, this isnt a normal rpg where you have under 40 or so diferent enemy types you got over 800, codding for every single pokemon encounter zone, every trainer and every gym for every lvl and diferent moveset you have and you got a huge mess that no one would care to do at all.

i very highly doubt gamefreak will ever do this at all.

2. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    Yeah there are over 800 Pokemons but the games never used all of them in a single game (think the best we ever got was still 300 iirc). Besides if you had ever even glanced at a RPG creation tool then you'd had known that they don't have to code every single patch of grass to change the level scaling. It'd be a global script that they write once and would apply to the entire world. Besides that, Wild Pokemon always had the 4 most recent moves that they could've learned whenever they made for a good move pool or not didn't ever matter, so the moves thing isn't an issue and trainers always were handcrafted so giving them a level range wouldn't be hard either. They don't even have to update trainer move pools with every single level, 5~10 level increments would be more than enough, After all the Vs. Seeker did just that. Aditionally you could make hard caps for certain areas (for example Route 1 stops scaling at level 10) further reducing your workload.

I'm not saying Gamefreak should be doing a system like that, all I'm saying it's easily possible and they could do it if they wanted to.

Last edited by XrosBlader821, May 16, 2018 at 4:49 PM
  3. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    Oh shit, this seem like it may be real.

I would quit Pokemon if they somehow make a Pokemon on console look like S&M and play like Pokemon GO with even more Gen I bullshit in it.

antiswirl likes this.
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you only had 300 becuase manny pokemons only appeared in one form at a specifiq lvl, if lvls scale up and down and oponents evolve acordingly you would have close to full pokedex.

5. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    No not at all. the 300 Pokemon specifically included all that are only obtainable through catching, or evolution. The game would need to be insanely big or have the worst encounter rates possible (like all the romhacks that have all Pokemon available to catch). Also I need to correct myself. B2W2 had only 300 Pokemon obtainable without trading from past games. In X and Y there were only 457 obtainable Pokemon. USUM had 401 on the other hand. There was no official Pokemon game so far with all Pokemon obtainable in the wild.

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    Single Pokemon X file without access to trading, events, or importing anything from elsewhere such as Bank has access to 557 different species.

that is preety big number already without counting trading evolutions.

Last edited by pedro702, May 16, 2018 at 6:12 PM
    Eix likes this.
  7. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    I fear I must say good bye to Pokemon... Maybe am I too old now ? :(

8. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Anyone else sick and tired of seeing Sun/Moon Citra screenshots claiming to be leaks? The game won't look like that. We're getting a game built from the ground, up. Not some shitty 3DS-optimized port.

9. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I think they'll just match anything revealed if any of this is true and people will eat that shit up because anything that's hyped and isn't a complete failure becomes a "masterpiece" now.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

They were obviously super fake. Some dumb channel TyranitarTube spread that around a lot actually since he gets a lot of views.
    No they're just fucking up the series so people will praise them for reinventing the series even though most people don't want that. If it ain't broke don't fix it. That's how you alienate a lot of fans.
    Yeah didn't they have a trademark for Pokémon Gray before Black 2 and White 2 were announced?
    It's amazing how many people will believe things with no actual proof to back them up. Just some mock title images are enough to fool tons of people. If the games were really gonna use those names the websites probably would've been registered a really long time ago.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, May 16, 2018 at 6:33 PM
    antiswirl and Eix like this.
  10. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    Because of the Friend Safari. Which we haven't seen ever since and the levels on these Pokemon would be irrelevant anyway since it's post-story content.

11. graeme122

graeme122 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2007
    United kingdom
    I'm currently dry heaving at the fact that this could be real.

12. Eix

Eix Trap Waifu (I require all snuggles, E'icks not X)

May 27, 2017
    United States
    Lurking in the Void for a bit
    Wew text wall

13. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

GBAtemp Patron
    AaronUzumaki is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Where is this logo actually being displayed from? The only thing I can tell for sure is that it isn't a photograph. So, it must be a screenshot taken straight from a device. But, wouldn't that be extremely risky compared to just snapping a sneaky photo and cropping out any pertinent information?

14. Sumasuun

Sumasuun Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    I got tired of reading all the negativity part way through so I'm not sure if anyone else said this, but why does every one (or at least from what I could bother to read) seem to think integration with Pokemon GO means transferring pokemon back and forth?

Honestly at most I can picture it along the lines of interaction like with the Pikachu Virtual pet or a Pokewalker.. Minimal interaction between both to earn rewards for both type of thing. At most take advantage of the buddy walking system in GO if you transfer one Pokemon from any potential Switch game to GO, like rewards for walking a certain distance or maybe an amount of experience before you have to transfer it back to reset the limit type of thing. Maybe unlock a move or vanity item for either game, maybe an "exclusive" Pokemon that's just a special color (like the GameStop Pikachu colored Pichu to get the Spikey-Earred Pichu or vice versa, idr) or in the case of GO wearing a little hat.

As far as the "leaks" go though, I'm not sure I have anything to say about it since anything I could say has been said.

15. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    While i agree with you "at heart" the truth is we dont know that. You dont know that and i dont know that. I hope is not some 3DS looking game and i think that "leak" is from Citra hands down, but tha doesnt mean they cant do that....

I hope im wrong tho.

16. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

GBAtemp Patron
    AaronUzumaki is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Here's something I realized. With the character in the title, the accent has always been represented by a pokeball since Ruby and Sapphire. Now, I suppose it both supports and goes against this new logo that it has a pokeball in the word go instead. On one hand, why would they change the logo format? On the other hand, if they did decide to change the format, it makes sense artistically not to have a pokeball twice. Also, the texture and style of the words "Pocket Mosters" are clearly inspired by Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. So, if it is fake, which seems likely to me personally, it at least isn't lazy.

17. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    I for one have not grown tired of kanto, and been playing since red and blue. Fact Gen 1 is the only game I can constantly replay without getting bored/tired of. So if this is true I wouldn't mind at all. But that's just me. Second would be Gen 2.

But I also agree with others on wanting to see a Gen 4 remake one day.

Patxinco likes this.
  18. javilobo8

javilobo8 Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2018
    Spain
    twitter(dot)com/_Mizumi/status/996849036421423104

19. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    nice meme

20. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    i'f it has anything to do with Pokemon go's catching system then forget about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice