1. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Panama
    So i just saw on reddit some pictures from the new movie with Zeraora, Pikachu and Eevee.

I just realized, Eevee could be the companion from the girl in the next movie.

That would make us look really dumb. I hope its from the movie tho.

2. kbmarinha

kbmarinha Life sucks...

Brazil
    Idk if it was already posted here...

Xzi likes this.
  3. specht

specht GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Assuming this is a multi-version remake of Yellow and the Go integration is purely pokewalker or just allowing you to transfer Pokemon from Go I'm all for it. If I had the know how and drive to make Pokemon romhack it'd be reverse G/S/C.

Though the names suggest one will force you to start with Pikachu while the other will give you an Eevee. The forced starter in Yellow still kinda worked since you get the others fairly early on. But why buy the Pikachu version if you can still catch one in Viridian Forest and have way more options when you can evolve the Eevee? I suppose they could remove Pikachu from the forest but it still doesn't really add up.

Xzi likes this.
  4. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    You can't catch Pikachu in Yellow so I doubt you can if this remake rumor is true. You'll probably have to trade if it isn't given to you as a gift. Maybe they'd replace the Eevee you can get in Celadon with a Pikachu.

specht and Xzi like this.
  5. specht

specht GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I thought about it some more and yeah I agree they'd likely remove Pikachu from the wild and the opposite Pokemon could be available later in the game. They could even bring back the idea that your starter doesn't want to evolve and the egg system would make that easier to get around. The highly questionable leaked screenshot of the Lapras in Route 21 even suggests this since they still have an Eevee on their head at that point in the game.

I'm not a fan of removing the choice of a starter ingame and making it which game you choose. But in the grand scheme of things I guess Pokebank makes that less relevant if you can transfer any Pokemon in early on anyway.

6. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    Pokemon Go has staying power. It's in the best interest of the Pokemon Company to try and incorporate it more. I can definitely see why they'd want to.

...but I'd rather they keep it out of the main games.

Jayro likes this.
  7. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I like this update because "exploring ways to connect to" sounds more like the loose connection of PokeBank rather than heavy integration with the Switch games in particular. Other than perhaps an influence on motion/touch capture bonuses (after combat weakening).

8. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    I just want a Pokemon Snap sequel or remake that takes advantage of the N3DS hardware.

9. Kigiru

Kigiru GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Oh wow 4chan leaks and random babbling or random people.

Sure, titles are real but for what we know right now it would be a clock application for Android or some other shit. Don't get high hopes, it's no Yellow remake.

Wait, it could be real. I found some credible leaks that says that Pokemon Yellow Remake is basicaly 100% confirmed and we will get first trailers in the next week. Here's the screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Kigiru, May 17, 2018
    Darth Meteos likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Switch fanboys are praying this is a yellow remake.Lmao.I hope they announce the 4ds along with it at e3 and this turns out to be a spinoff for the switch.

Last edited May 17, 2018
  11. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Has a PhD in dueling

United States
    for once eevee version will be my pick if true even if we're limited to the kanto eeveelutions i just hope they don't screw up give eevee/Pikachu iron tail early on or brock would be a suicide mission

12. Sodapopcan

Sodapopcan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The real question is if we get brown and yellow joycon combo either packaged together or with a “special edition” for each game.

13. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

United States
    Did anyone consider this could be a side game, and not a main series game? It's not like we never had a spinoff before.

14. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Germany
    Would be very trollish to release a side game after confirming that a main-line Pokemon game is in development for the Switch.

15. 4ds BWHAHA, that is a good one. 3DS is dead bro, they got Indies and some janky after thoughts to release before it dies, that's it.

There 1000% will not be a 4ds.

Switch Mini, that is smaller, unremovable joycons and cheaper, that I could see, will defiantly will at some point.

16. duelistjp

duelistjp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    probably unlocked postgame when you get the nationaldex maybe as part of a postgame storyline like rainbow rocket was

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

we got through it in '98 we'll get through it again

Xzi likes this.
  17. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    They could always drop that Gen 4 remake on us to distract us from waiting for the main game. That'd be nice at least. If anything, UltraSun and UltraMoon were trollish, and were the definitive versions of Sun and Moon, as they should have been from the start. Just wish the engines were N3DS optimized.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I would perfer a switch mini then that bulky ass tablet with two nunchucks that clip to the side,that much ill agree with.

Last edited May 18, 2018
    XrosBlader821 likes this.
  19. specht

specht GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You can still speculate on something while acknowledging it's probably not true or it could be something entirely different. If people get their hopes up and become disappointed over a rumor that turns out to be nothing it's their problem.

I mean, the definition of speculate is to form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

20. Stellar

Stellar GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Update], Pikachu), Pokemon