[Update] The new Pokemon rumors (Let's go Eevee/Pikachu)

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Chary, May 15, 2018.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    It's nearing E3 once more, which means rumors at in full force. And with a Pokemon title inevitably on the horizon, Pokemon rumors are flooding news and discussion sites. Once more, we find ourselves questioning what's real or fake.

Back on April Fools, there was a post made on 4chan. Such things from there are always assumed to be a meme or fake post. Based_AF Media also further confirmed the 4chan post, but it should be known that they are a relatively unheard of news site, possibly looking for easy hits.

DdKWTuoWkAAcueX.jpg
    This "leak" states that the upcoming game would be a Yellow remake, and would have Pokemon Go integration.

Emily Rogers further fueled the fire by hinting at the name of the games potentially having some link to the mobile title Pokemon GO, and that mainline Pokemon and Pokemon Go could benefit from each other.

Emily Rogers True/False ratio

pokemon_switch_rumour_logo.jpg

Twitter user "Nibel" also Retweeted the image of the supposed logo, giving further credence. Nibel's rumor history includes correctly guessing that there would be a new Insomniac Games Spiderman title, the existence of a PS4 Pro (at the time, codeword Neo), and a Catherine remake for Vita/PS4. Nibel has also claimed that Retro is working on yet another Donkey Kong Country game for the Switch, but this one is still unverified.

Translated, the text in the Logo translates to "Let's Go Pikachu!", once more adding onto the idea of a Pokemon Yellow remake. Even more ridiculously, an image from a few months earlier made its rounds on the internet, showing what appeared to just be a slightly edited image of Sun/Moon. In it...you can see none other than an Eevee perched onto the trainer's head. This corroborates the Let's go Eevee! part of the rumor over at 4chan. Plus the part about Sun/Moons HMs-replaced-by-Pokemon, as well.

download (1).jpg
    Then we have something a bit more vague. Twitter user PixelPar uploaded a video saying he'd been hinting the whole time at this, through little drawings of Pokemon Yellow he'd been doing up to the official announcement of the game.

EDIT:

The day after this was written, an entity has claimed the domain names for both of the game's names. Not only that, but one of Kotaku's lead writers also followed up on the Pokemon Go portion of the rumor:

https://www.whois.com/whois/pokemonletsgopikachu.com

[​IMG]
    The domain owner has previously registered Pokemon game names in the past, as well. Nintendo isn't mentioned anywhere within the documents, though, which deviates from previous domain registrations, where they've always been named as the owner in some form. And now the Official Pokemon JP site is heavily using both Pikachu and Eevee in marketing.

And, as of right now, that's everything involving this specific rumor. What do you think? Real? Fake? Is this the equivalent of Rayman in Smash once more?​

H1B1Esquire, Eix, Darkyose and 13 others like this.
  2. zlaco123

zlaco123 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    Croatia
    Pokemon go? *buuuuulshit*

Wacko22, awtgrduzwt5r9, Eix and 8 others like this.
  3. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    Sounds very farfetch'd

Although sumo seemed to hint at gen 1 remakes very strongly. I can believe gen 1 being remade, but the Eevee version is the part I can't believe.

MrMcTiller, KingBlank and Jayro like this.
  4. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    I wish. I use to play Go every time I'm not in home, with my Go Plus in hand, and it's really enjoyable. If this were real, I'm really gonna have fun.

Patxinco likes this.
  5. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    oh boy i hope these are false cuz god this sounds awful tbh

PuNKeMoN, VMM, supergamer368 and 15 others like this.
  6. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    Everything sounds okay besides that Pokemon Go bullshit. And if that screenshot is really how the game looks then my hype will drop like a rock

ShonenJump, VMM, antiswirl and 6 others like this.
  7. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Don't get your hopes up.

Ominous66521 likes this.
  8. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Stray Sheep Bar
    Seeing the plattform in the water and the formation of the stones, it kinda looks like route 21, the bit of water that connects pallet town and cinnabar island

9. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Not sure how I feel about that

10. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    I could get behind a yellow remake, but keep that pokemon go mechanic shite out of my main game.

11. OctolingRift

OctolingRift GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    Dear God please let this be fake

antiswirl and GoldenSun3DS like this.
  12. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    this actually sounds too good to be true like on par with heart gold and soul silver, and so i don't believe it.

13. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Germany
    Pls stop adding alola features ffs. Just give us pokemon how we liked it

GoldenSun3DS likes this.
  14. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    [​IMG]

Thankfully this sounds like a load of BS to me. They're not going to take out a huge portion of the game (finding and capturing Pokemon) just to integrate Niantic's nearly-featureless game. Or if they do, it'll be an optional way of catching Pokemon to transfer over. Even that I kinda doubt given how much it would fuck with progression, you can quickly catch a lot of otherwise rare Pokemon in Go.

GoldenSun3DS likes this.
  15. Marco_Buns

Marco_Buns The Lonely Man On The Iceberg

Aug 31, 2015
    Iceland
    Oh cool. *See's all of the Pokemon Go stuff* *Start praying it's not real*

Last edited by Marco_Buns, May 15, 2018
  16. Sinon

Sinon AutumnWolf

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    I am pretty sure Switch will be getting something like "hey pikachu!"

17. Hyborix3

Hyborix3 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Korea, South
    After ORAS, I honestly don’t see a need for a Yellow remake. If it’s a sequel to Red/Blue/Yellow, sure.

Also the Pokémon Go integration can fuck off

18. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    wow this pure hate on everything that go did...
    Its not like the would you require to always use the go like catch mechnaism which most liekyl involves thoring the ball. Remember, no touchscreen in console mode so there is a way to catch them with buttons too.

x65943 likes this.
  19. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    Pokemon Yellow? Insta buy both versions. Pokemon Yellow was my first Pokemon game.

x65943 likes this.
  20. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Woof

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Would you rather go back to having HM slaves in your party?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice