[Update] The new Pokemon rumors (Let's go Eevee/Pikachu)

It's nearing E3 once more, which means rumors at in full force. And with a Pokemon title inevitably on the horizon, Pokemon rumors are flooding news and discussion sites. Once more, we find ourselves questioning what's real or fake.

Back on April Fools, there was a post made on 4chan. Such things from there are always assumed to be a meme or fake post. Based_AF Media also further confirmed the 4chan post, but it should be known that they are a relatively unheard of news site, possibly looking for easy hits.

DdKWTuoWkAAcueX.jpg

This "leak" states that the upcoming game would be a Yellow remake, and would have Pokemon Go integration.

Emily Rogers further fueled the fire by hinting at the name of the games potentially having some link to the mobile title Pokemon GO, and that mainline Pokemon and Pokemon Go could benefit from each other.

SoulCalibur V would be out for the Wii U: FALSE
Nintendo would launch a huge quirky shooter for the Wii U: TRUE (Splatoon)
Smash would be on Switch and launch 2018: TRUE
Nintendo and Ubisoft were making a strategy game: TRUE (M & R Kingdom Battle)
Pokemon and Pikmin 4 would launch before March 2018: FALSE
Mother 3 would be ported to the Wii U: FALSE (We did get Earthbound Beginnings though)
Female Link would be playable in BOTW: FALSE
GameCube Virtual Console would be a reveal at E3 2017: FALSE
BOTW would be pushed back for simul Wii U/Switch release: TRUE

pokemon_switch_rumour_logo.jpg

Twitter user "Nibel" also Retweeted the image of the supposed logo, giving further credence. Nibel's rumor history includes correctly guessing that there would be a new Insomniac Games Spiderman title, the existence of a PS4 Pro (at the time, codeword Neo), and a Catherine remake for Vita/PS4. Nibel has also claimed that Retro is working on yet another Donkey Kong Country game for the Switch, but this one is still unverified.

Translated, the text in the Logo translates to "Let's Go Pikachu!", once more adding onto the idea of a Pokemon Yellow remake. Even more ridiculously, an image from a few months earlier made its rounds on the internet, showing what appeared to just be a slightly edited image of Sun/Moon. In it...you can see none other than an Eevee perched onto the trainer's head. This corroborates the Let's go Eevee! part of the rumor over at 4chan. Plus the part about Sun/Moons HMs-replaced-by-Pokemon, as well.

download (1).jpg

Then we have something a bit more vague. Twitter user PixelPar uploaded a video saying he'd been hinting the whole time at this, through little drawings of Pokemon Yellow he'd been doing up to the official announcement of the game.

EDIT:

The day after this was written, an entity has claimed the domain names for both of the game's names. Not only that, but one of Kotaku's lead writers also followed up on the Pokemon Go portion of the rumor:

https://www.whois.com/whois/pokemonletsgopikachu.com

wYyskzf.png

The domain owner has previously registered Pokemon game names in the past, as well. Nintendo isn't mentioned anywhere within the documents, though, which deviates from previous domain registrations, where they've always been named as the owner in some form. And now the Official Pokemon JP site is heavily using both Pikachu and Eevee in marketing.

And, as of right now, that's everything involving this specific rumor. What do you think? Real? Fake? Is this the equivalent of Rayman in Smash once more?​

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how was that different ???
If I remember correctly it was again just the same thing oO
There were no past-gen Pokemon available before post-game and the League got a big shake-up by having a different sort of "champion" fight the first time you go through it.
Granted, I'm talking "different" in the context of a series that does indeed stick to a very rigid formula, of course :V

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh boy another "leak" with no credible information. Pokémon Go wild encounter mecahnics would be absolute shit. Of course the odds that this leak is accurate are pretty slim. I remember the Pokémon board on 4chan was getting a ton of fake leaks regularly for Sun and Moon before any actual trailers had come out. And none of those turned out to be true until around the time Drampa and a few other Alolan Pokémon were leaked. But for months before that it was fake leak after fake leak piled on top of tons of speculation. At least if we get a Yellow remake we'll get gyms again.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy another "leak" with no credible information. Pokémon Go wild encounter mecahnics would be absolute shit. Of course the odds that this leak is accurate are pretty slim. I remember the Pokémon board on 4chan was getting a ton of fake leaks regularly for Sun and Moon before any actual trailers had come out. And none of those turned out to be true until around the time Drampa and a few other Alolan Pokémon were leaked. But for months before that it was fake leak after fake leak piled on top of tons of speculation. At least if we get a Yellow remake we'll get gyms again.
Actually wasn't the gen 7 starters final evolutions leaked shortly after SuMo was announced? They turned out to be legit too. Rainbow Rocket was leaked like 2 months before USUM was even announced and that too was legit.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually wasn't the gen 7 starters final evolutions leaked shortly after SuMo was announced? They turned out to be legit too. Rainbow Rocket was leaked like 2 months before USUM was even announced and that too was legit.
The bunch of fake leaks I'm talking about are from before Sun and Moon were even revealed as the titles. There were a couple leaked pokedexes that were fake, fake titles, fake artwork, people thinking Magearna was the only new Pokémon, etc.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't really have high hopes for the next games. Didn't even finish SuMo cause it wouldn't let you take 10 steps before it tried holding your hand and tell you something you probably already guessed.

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OH GOD NO, PLEASE, FUCK NO.
I swear to god, if the massive Switch Pokemon game turns out to be based on Pokemon Go, I will go to Japan and insert my Switch and Joycons into every single Nintendo exec.
Nintendo seems to think the success of that game means it's the title we want on the Switch. Fuck no. NO. NOOOOOO.
In fact, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this were true, to be honest, it seems like a classic Nintendo move to me.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear to god, if the massive Switch Pokemon game turns out to be based on Pokemon Go, I will go to Japan and insert my Switch and Joycons into every single Nintendo exec.
Nintendo seems to think the success of that game means it's the title we want on the Switch. Fuck no. NO. NOOOOOO.
In fact, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this were true, to be honest, it seems like a classic Nintendo move to me.

Hey, blame Gamefreak, not Nintendo :U They're the ones that have been critically lazy and tone-deaf since gen 6; Ninty just owns the rights.

Reactions: OctolingRift

Brigand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm pretty sure there was this massive thing a while ago about that picture being fake, which I'm glad of. The graphics (even from the blurriness of the picture) seem too awful for anything that would want to take advantage of the Switch's full capabilities.

It sounds like a pretty cool concept to me (the whole Yellow remake sort of thing) and I think adding Eevee as the opposite version could work really nicely. I do hope that the whole Pokemon ride thing stays in Alola though. Having HMs made you play more strategically, sorting out which Pokemon to have which field move, and it's not like half of the field moves were bad anyway. Moves like Waterfall, Fly and Surf were pretty decent moves (in some games Rock Smash is a good early-game fighting move too).

And look, Pokemon GO is a cool game and all, but it should never come into the main series. Never. It would ruin it. I doubt it would happen anyway. Walking with Pokemon again would, of course, be nice, but I'm pretty sure it's been a rumour for every game since HGSS and not happened unfortunately. Looking forward to seeing what E3 has to offer!

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure there was this massive thing a while ago about that picture being fake, which I'm glad of. The graphics (even from the blurriness of the picture) seem too awful for anything that would want to take advantage of the Switch's full capabilities.

It sounds like a pretty cool concept to me (the whole Yellow remake sort of thing) and I think adding Eevee as the opposite version could work really nicely. I do hope that the whole Pokemon ride thing stays in Alola though. Having HMs made you play more strategically, sorting out which Pokemon to have which field move, and it's not like half of the field moves were bad anyway. Moves like Waterfall, Fly and Surf were pretty decent moves (in some games Rock Smash is a good early-game fighting move too).

And look, Pokemon GO is a cool game and all, but it should never come into the main series. Never. It would ruin it. I doubt it would happen anyway. Walking with Pokemon again would, of course, be nice, but I'm pretty sure it's been a rumour for every game since HGSS and not happened unfortunately. Looking forward to seeing what E3 has to offer!
Yeah just ignore any leaks until they're confirmed. Especially if there's not much credible stuff to back them up. And ignore leaks on 4chan, especially this early.
Pokémon Go was successful because of how casual it is. Even the most end game stuff is still just mass tapping and swiping the screen. The big bucks came from people who spend a ton on games like this with some small purchases made by people who ran out of Pokéballs when there was a super rare Pokémon and wanted to catch it. A lot of people who played Pokémon Go probably haven't played very many if any Pokémon games. I don't think even Game Freak is stupid enough to kill the franchise by making main games use Pokémon Go mechanics. Pokémon Go is a dead game anyway with only a fraction of the player base it had in Summer 2016. I doubt Game Freak will consider implementing anything from it.

Reactions: Brigand

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What I really want (and what makes sense) is optionally using joycon/SPC motion controls to throw pokeballs. Put emphasis on wrist flick instead of speed for bonus capture rate perhaps.

Truthfully I'm happy with the core of these rumors, specifically that it might be a Pokemon Yellow remake. Pokemon Go very much needs to be optional and not feel like a forced part of it, though. That would ruin the spirit of Pokemon Yellow.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Brigand

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want good old pokemon gold/silver/cristal but with super good graphics. Anyone else remember how traumatic it was the battle with the gym leader that used miltank really early in the game? It was pure joy when you finally managed to defead that bastard. I want that but with good graphics. Plus pokemon that doesn't look like objects.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What I really want (and what makes sense) is optionally using joycon/SPC motion controls to throw pokeballs. Put emphasis on wrist flick instead of speed for bonus capture rate perhaps.

Truthfully I'm happy with the core of these rumors, specifically that it might be a Pokemon Yellow remake. Pokemon Go very much needs to be optional and not feel like a forced part of it, though. That would ruin the spirit of Pokemon Yellow.
if they want to make pokemon yellow they could make 2 gens in one :P instead of gen 2 going back to gen one what about a pokemon yellow that when it ends goes to gen 2? :P

pokemon yellow gold and eevee silver :P

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.