update notification on my updated emunand.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Februarysn0w, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Februarysn0w
    OP

Februarysn0w School Idol Festival

Oct 31, 2014
    Mino city Osaka
  2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Check for downgraded DS whitelist, TWL_FIRM, or Internet Browser. Those are the three most common things that cause it (there is also a simple hex edit workaround you can do to prevent any of those from causing update nags as well).

Februarysn0w likes this.
  3. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    Please tell us on how to hex edit them

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    I can go into more detail in a few hours, but essentially it involves hex editing the CIA of the browser/whatever you're wanting to install. It's the same process 3DNUS uses to spoof versions. If you can find the proper spot in the CIA where it keeps its version number, you can change it to 0xFFFF (65535) and Nintendo can't update nag you about them again, because 65535 is the highest version number on the 3DS.

Edit: Obviously, don't install said CIAs to sysNAND without the security of ARM9LoaderHax (I know this thread is about emuNAND, but you know someone will be silly enough to try with sysNAND and not A9LH). I'm not suggesting people make frankenfirmwares without a lot of protection.

Last edited by daxtsu, Mar 11, 2016
    A_Random_Guy and Februarysn0w like this.
  5. Februarysn0w
    OP

Oct 31, 2014
    Mino city Osaka
    thank you. anyway I'm going to update my 3ds and check it first. I had never got an update nag in my emunand before. so I'm very surprised and confused. haha

daxtsu likes this.
  6. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    if you want to spoof the version of a single cia, just change the two bytes at offset 0x2F9C to FFFF. I did this with the 9.6.0-24U New3DS browser for a few reasons, and now I have an older browser and no update nags.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    That offset could possibly be different between different CIAs, like TWL_FIRM and the whitelist for example, but I haven't tried that beyond what I told you about that. :P

8. Februarysn0w
    OP

Oct 31, 2014
    Mino city Osaka
    solved.
    I uninstalled Activity log before. this cause up the update notification.

daxtsu and ihaveamac like this.
  9. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    I just checked a patched TWL_FIRM and a DS cart whitelist cia and they had the version at the same offset.

I pwned U!, Februarysn0w and daxtsu like this.
  10. Februarysn0w
    OP

Oct 31, 2014
    Mino city Osaka

this is useful patch method for some people who would like to keep there hax on latest firmware (a9lh)or emunand. I have e-shop access with old version browser. basically it's not possible w/o patch.

I also checked system update but it's said your system is latest version.

enabled signature check but browser works fine.

Last edited by Februarysn0w, Mar 14, 2016
    Arubaro likes this.