Armen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I've been searching everywhere and I can't seem to find the answer.

I want to update my switch firmware using ChoiDujourNX. I am using SX OS and I have Auto RCM enabled via SX OS.

From my searching, I am under the impression that to update safely via ChoiDujourNX, you should allow ChoiDujourNX to enable Auto RCM. Now if I have Auto RCM enabled via SX OS I should disable the SX OS Auto RCM prior to using ChoiDujourNX. I can do this with no problem.

My question is: after I update via ChoiDujourNX, how do I disable the ChoiDujourNX Auto RCM so I can re-enable the Auto RCM via SX OS?

Or is it possible to just keep Auto RCM enabled via SX OS and not enable Auto RCM via ChoiDujourNX when updating the firmware?

Also, my OFW is 5.0.1 and I want to update to 5.1 (via ChoiDujourNX) for now to play some Pokemon before I eventually setup emunand etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn´t matter if you have AutoRCM enabled or not before you install a new firmware with ChoiDujourNX.

Just install the new firmware, select the exFat option (when you are using a exFat formatted sd card), and it will automatically pick the option with Auto RCM.

You don´t have to do any extra steps afterwards, Auto RCM is and will stay active when you updated your system with ChoiDujourNX ;)

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
If I remember correctly it is recommended to NOT use ChoiDujourNX in SXOS.
You should boot into Hekate/reins/Rajnx to use ChoiDujourNX and once updated you can use SX again.

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You should boot into Hekate/reins/Rajnx to use ChoiDujourNX and once updated you can use SX again.

I couldn´t find anything about issues with sx os, do you remember where you got this information from?

Always updated my switch like that, never had any problems...but if its really not recommended I wouldn´t risk updating with sx os.

Armen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply guys! I found that SX OS is no good with ChoiDujourNX so Auto RCM has to be disabled in SX OS prior to using ChoiDujourSX and you can keep Choi's Auto RCM enabled going forward and use SX OS (without enabling Auto RCM via SX OS).

Alternately, I believe you can still disable Choi's Auto RCM via Hekate/Ctaer and then enable the SX OS AutoRCM if you prefer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I couldn´t find anything about issues with sx os, do you remember where you got this information from?

Always updated my switch like that, never had any problems...but if its really not recommended I wouldn´t risk updating with sx os.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...firmware-with-sx-os-offline-im-banned.518753/

Draxzelex said: You can use ChoiDujourNX but it is not supported on SX OS. If you want to use it, you will have to use a non-SX OS CFW such as ReiNX or Atmosphere (found via RajNX or tomGER's SD files). If you want to do it with SX OS, then you will have to use the non-homebrew, Windows version known as ChoiDujour.

matias3ds said:
wait wait wait ,, let me answer to myself it was in fact auto rcm tool of SX OS that is neither compatible with Reinx or Rajnx .
I uninstall it , enter in rcm mode with the jig and the bin from rajnx and installed 6.0 version now working perfectly !

Reactions: Wezaa

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the reply guys! I found that SX OS is no good with ChoiDujourNX so Auto RCM has to be disabled in SX OS prior to using ChoiDujourSX and you can keep Choi's Auto RCM enabled going forward and use SX OS (without enabling Auto RCM via SX OS).

Alternately, I believe you can still disable Choi's Auto RCM via Hekate/Ctaer and then enable the SX OS AutoRCM if you prefer.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...firmware-with-sx-os-offline-im-banned.518753/

Thanks for the link.

But keep in mind that he last post was from september, since then a lot happened.

Like I said I updated my system with ChoiDujourNX multiple times (using SX OS with Auto RCM enabled) without any problems, so it working fine.

Since I never used any other cfw I don´t know if the AutoRCM Mode from SX OS is now working with any other cfw...

Until now I never had any problems after the update, but okay it is always up to you which way you want to update your firmware, just saying ;)

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's also recommended to not use exfat. Many topics about this issue in forums is not enough?

This thread isn´t about if its recommended to use exFat or not, he was just asking about updating his firmware using sx os and ChoiDujourNX

EDIT: But yes you are right, using the exFat format isn´t recommended

Last edited by Houjin,
D

Deleted User

I've updated my EmuNand in SXOS with ChoiDujourNX twice now (once to 6.1, last night to 6.2) and I've had no problems what so ever. I just disabled auto rcm so I can continue to boot into stock if necessary because I don't really care about fuses anymore with having a payload jig.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That was a long time ago. SX OS now supports ChoiDujourNX.

Armen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the responses guys! Really appreciate the help! I'll give it a shot via SX OS with Auto RCM enabled!

Armen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm trying to install 5.1.0 downloaded via Xbins and ChoiDujourNX keeps giving me the following error: "Missing 5 out 205 required NCAs, cannot install firmware '5.1.0'" - I tried 3 different firmware dumps and it keeps giving me this error. I am using a Fat32 Samsung 256 GB SD card if that makes a difference.

helmic88

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. I have a question, maybe a stupid one, don’t know :lol:
If I want to update the firmware on my Emunand (stored on micro sd) with Choidujour, do I need to activate AutoRCM if I want to downgrade or not needed because I’m on the SD card?

Thanks for your help!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm trying to install 5.1.0 downloaded via Xbins and ChoiDujourNX keeps giving me the following error: "Missing 5 out 205 required NCAs, cannot install firmware '5.1.0'" - I tried 3 different firmware dumps and it keeps giving me this error. I am using a Fat32 Samsung 256 GB SD card if that makes a difference.
Follow the suggestions in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/choidujournx-missing-files-error.526422/#post-8433723

Hello. I have a question, maybe a stupid one, don’t know :lol:
If I want to update the firmware on my Emunand (stored on micro sd) with Choidujour, do I need to activate AutoRCM if I want to downgrade or not needed because I’m on the SD card?

Thanks for your help!
If EmuNAND is the only NAND that is running a firmware higher than the fuse count, then you don't need AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being burnt. You only need AutoRCM if SysNAND is using a firmware greater than the number of fuses currently burnt.

Reactions: gizmomelb

helmic88

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If EmuNAND is the only NAND that is running a firmware higher than the fuse count, then you don't need AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being burnt. You only need AutoRCM if SysNAND is using a firmware greater than the number of fuses currently burnt.

My SysNAND is on Firmware 6.1 and my EmuNAND is also on 6.1 and I want to update the EmuNand to 6.2 an stay with 6.1 on the SysNAND.

If I've understand your explanations I don't need AutoRCM?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SysNAND is on Firmware 6.1 and my EmuNAND is also on 6.1 and I want to update the EmuNand to 6.2 an stay with 6.1 on the SysNAND.

If I've understand your explanations I don't need AutoRCM?
Yes because fuses are burnt when you normally boot up the console. And since you cannot boot into EmuNAND normally, it is thus impossible to burn fuses with it. You can only boot into SysNAND normally hence why it requires AutoRCM as fuse protection.

helmic88

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes because fuses are burnt when you normally boot up the console. And since you cannot boot into EmuNAND normally, it is thus impossible to burn fuses with it. You can only boot into SysNAND normally hence why it requires AutoRCM as fuse protection.

Yes but if I boot normally on the SysNand, the firmware will still be 6.1 and on the Emunand it will be 6.2?

If I don't use EmuNand and I make an update with Choidujour than the OFW and the CFW will get updated. Correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e