Hacking Update firmware via ChoiDujourNX using SX OS

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updated via SX OS a minute ago. without a single problem!

Same. Used sx + exfat formatted sd card when going to 6.1 with ChoiDurjourNX. Not a single hiccup. Disabled auto rcm immediately afterwards. I've rebooted many times, installed more nsp's and continued regular use as I did before. Been flawless. Not sure where the hysteria came from. Maybe TX fixed a previous issue or something?

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same. Used sx + exfat formatted sd card when going to 6.1 with ChoiDurjourNX. Not a single hiccup. Disabled auto rcm immediately afterwards. I've rebooted many times, installed more nsp's and continued regular use as I did before. Been flawless. Not sure where the hysteria came from. Maybe TX fixed a previous issue or something?
why did you disable autoRCM?

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why did you disable autoRCM?

Just preference. No exact reason, but I only ever read of problems people have with auto RCM on here. Hekate also labels it with a "Dangerous" warning when installing, which I'm sure advocates will just dismiss and say 'I've never had a problem EVER, yada yada'. I'm sure I have other reasons that date back months ago but don't really recall what they were exactly, but it was enough to deter me indefinitely.

Reactions: naddel81

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i'm on 5.x (exfat) using sx, no emunand. i have autorcm installed want to keep using that.
i have choi nx and the 6.2 files ready to install, so i really just boot up the homebrew (in sx mode) and install, nothing else? :)

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm on 5.x (exfat) using sx, no emunand. i have autorcm installed want to keep using that.
i have choi nx and the 6.2 files ready to install, so i really just boot up the homebrew (in sx mode) and install, nothing else? :)
Yes just make sure you have the latest sxos on your internal sd card. Also when it reboots make sure dongle is inserted.

Reactions: cearp

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread but the most relevant information I have found so far for my issue are in here..

I have a brand new switch running 4.1.0, would like to maintain the 4.1.0 firmware on SysNAND

I would like to create EmuNAND on an SD Card hidden partition using SX OS

So far I have backed up Original 4.1.0 NAND and boot 0/1 using hekate

I have an SX OS licence ready to install

I have no need currently to go online with SysNAND

Do I understand correctly the next steps/points?

• Install SX OS license
  • Create EmuNAND of 4.1.0
  • Use ChoidujourNX via SX OS homebrew to update EmuNAND to 6.2 - I presume I can select EmuNAND to upgrade, leaving SysNAND on 4.1.0?
  • SysNAND can remain on 4.1.0 as no need to go online or play games on it that need higher firmware

As autoRCM is enabled by ChoidujourNX I will need need to insert the sx os payload if I ever reboot?

Anything else to consider?

thanks to this great community

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread but the most relevant information I have found so far for my issue are in here..

I have a brand new switch running 4.1.0, would like to maintain the 4.1.0 firmware on SysNAND

I would like to create EmuNAND on an SD Card hidden partition using SX OS

So far I have backed up Original 4.1.0 NAND and boot 0/1 using hekate

I have an SX OS licence ready to install

I have no need currently to go online with SysNAND

Do I understand correctly the next steps/points?

• Install SX OS license
  • Create EmuNAND of 4.1.0
  • Use ChoidujourNX via SX OS homebrew to update EmuNAND to 6.2 - I presume I can select EmuNAND to upgrade, leaving SysNAND on 4.1.0?
  • SysNAND can remain on 4.1.0 as no need to go online or play games on it that need higher firmware

As autoRCM is enabled by ChoidujourNX I will need need to insert the sx os payload if I ever reboot?

Anything else to consider?

thanks to this great community
Yeah that's how it works. Just start ChoidujourNX while your running emuNAND. You don't select sysNAND or emuNAND.

Reactions: p3el05

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Yeah that's how it works. Just start ChoidujourNX while your running emuNAND. You don't select sysNAND or emuNAND.

I upgraded 4.1.0 to 6.2 on my SX EmuNAND - left AutoRCM enabled

When the system restarted it booted into OFW (not RCM mode) - which is still on 4.1.0

I checked via Hekate and luckily only 5 fuses are burnt (expected with 4.1.0)

So AutoRCM does not seem to have been installed.. I still need to use my jig to boot into RCM and inject payload..

Anything to be concerned about? - I understand that fuses in SysNAND will (fortunately!) not be burnt as 6.2 was installed on EmuNAND, Did I miss something or is this expected when upgrading with choi NX via SX OS.. incidentally I also no longer see the option to enable AutoRCM within SX OS..

Last edited by p3el05,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I upgraded 4.1.0 to 6.2 on my SX EmuNAND - left AutoRCM enabled

When the system restarted it booted into OFW (not RCM mode) - which is still on 4.1.0

I checked via Hekate and luckily only 5 fuses are burnt (expected with 4.1.0)

So AutoRCM does not seem to have been installed.. I still need to use my jig to boot into RCM and inject payload..

Anything to be concerned about - I understand that fuses in SysNAND will not be burnt as 6.2 was installed on EmuNAND, Did I miss something or is this expected when upgrading with choi NX via SX OS.. incidentally I also no longer see the option to enable AutoRCM within SX OS..
My switch has SysNAND 2.1.0 and EmuNAND 6.2.0. I didn't install autoRCM. But it should be possible to install autoRCM. Maybe try with hekate?

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
My switch has SysNAND 2.1.0 and EmuNAND 6.2.0. I didn't install autoRCM. But it should be possible to install autoRCM. Maybe try with hekate?
I understood that Choi nx installs AutoRCM by default, guess it is not an issue anyway as (fortunately) booting into OFW does not burn fuses if you have only updated EmuNAND..

I'm fine with not having autoRCM enabled, actually prefer it not to be enabled as long as no risk of burning fuses, was just trying to understand why it's not working and if I did something wrong, perhaps it's an SX OS specific issue.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I understood that Choi nx installs AutoRCM by default, guess it is not an issue anyway as (fortunately) booting into OFW does not burn fuses if you have only updated EmuNAND..

I'm fine with not having autoRCM enabled, actually prefer it not to be enabled as long as no risk of burning fuses, was just trying to understand why it's not working and if I did something wrong, perhaps it's an SX OS specific issue.
Yeah you don't need it in that case. I don't know, I unchecked autoRCM during the installation since I also don't need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k