Is there a way to Install 6.0 firmware with Sx Os offline ? im banned

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by matias3ds, Sep 22, 2018.

1. matias3ds
    OP

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Is there a way to install the update trough an nsp or xci file ?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can use ChoiDujourNX but it is not supported on SX OS. If you want to use it, you will have to use a non-SX OS CFW such as ReiNX or Atmosphere (found via RajNX or tomGER's SD files). If you want to do it with SX OS, then you will have to use the non-homebrew, Windows version known as ChoiDujour.

Lacius and matias3ds like this.
  3. matias3ds
    OP

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    I did tried to send the payload to use choidujour but it failed every time with ReiNX as well could it be that I'm receiving this error because I had installed Autorcm with Sx Os tool .
    Because I format a working sd card and put the fails to try first with ReiNX and then with rajnx and I've got errors sending the payloads with both of them.
    Then I tried the payload.bin and work just fine with sx os

4. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Unless you really want Toad icons you don't need 6.0 yet

5. matias3ds
    OP

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    wait wait wait ,, let me answer to myself it was in fact auto rcm tool of SX OS that is neither compatible with Reinx or Rajnx .
    I uninstall it , enter in rcm mode with the jig and the bin from rajnx and installed 6.0 version now working perfectly !

Nickbo likes this.
  6. matias3ds
    OP

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    wait wait wait ,, let me answer to myself it was in fact auto rcm tool of SX OS that is neither compatible with Reinx or Rajnx .
    I uninstall it , enter in rcm mode with the jig and the bin from rajnx and installed 6.0 version now working perfectly !

7. Nickbo

Nickbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Nice!

8. velvetmxo

velvetmxo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2015
    United States
    I used hekate_ctcaer_4.0 with ChoiDujourNX ... I am on 6.0 with sx OS 1.9..

matias3ds likes this.
  9. matias3ds
    OP

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Yeap could finally done it with ChoiDujour as well but I had to remove the Auto rcm that I had installed with OS Xecuter , other way I was unable to send any other payload that wasn't xecuter ones .

10. velvetmxo

Newcomer
    May 9, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, that stumped me as well in the beginning... system wouldn't shut down properly and always crashed... ChoiDujour also puts you back in autoRCM.. I disabled it and now everything works... didn't realized it did until i took out the joycons and they were still on.

matias3ds likes this.
  11. matias3ds
    OP

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    There are many video on youtube on how to do it , but none of them explain that you have to remove Autorcm to properly send the payloads i just hope that when Mario party comes out it will bring the update of the firmware , it will be easier then to update directly from cxi or nsp without taking all this troubles .

12. velvetmxo

Newcomer
    May 9, 2015
    United States
    This video was what I needed to get things underway

matias3ds likes this.
  13. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2017
    Israel
    Just updated to firm v6 with latest RajNX + Choidujour without any issues at all - was surprised how easy and quick this was. So far everything works, skipped the controller update (not sure about the impact when deciding to downgrade). Anybody knows more about that?

matias3ds likes this.