1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. An untethered warmboot exploit isn't defined as something that auto-boots; it's an exploit that doesn't require the device to be plugged into a computer, dongle, etc. (i.e. it's not tethered to another device). It also doesn't auto-boot. An example would be Haxchi.
    2. A tethered coldboot exploit is one that auto-boots but requires another device. An example would be fusee-gelee.
    3. A tethered warmboot exploit doesn't auto-boot and requires a device.
    4. An untethered coldboot exploit auto-boots and doesn't require another device. CBHC is a good example.

2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It can be auto-booted though. The process would likely be something along the lines of this:
    Boot system ———> at some point the sysmodule save bug is triggered ———> smhax & whatever ———> Use Dormez Vous warmboot hax to reboot to a payload
    That is literally auto-boot warmboot hax.

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Atmosphère 0.10.1 is out. No more pre-release and it is fully release.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.10.1

Mogga666 likes this.
  4. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Please continue making release numbers look like they are in binary now!

5. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Eventually

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If the sysmodule save bug is triggered upon a cold boot, regardless of what's loaded before it, it's a coldboot exploit. Otherwise, we would have to call CBHC a warmboot exploit, and that's not particularly useful.

7. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yeah, the point during the coldboot that an exploit is triggered is largely irrelevant. If you can find a really early exploit then that is preferable, but you work with what you have.

You should be able to lend your console to someone who has no idea about exploits who can power it up without doing anything special and it still has the exploit.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  8. ZachyCatGames

United States
    Green Joy-Con D-Pad Shells for Nintendo Switch

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    So it's still a pre-release?

10. ZachyCatGames

United States
    Nope, 0.10.1 is a full release.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  11. Condemned87

Condemned87 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Im now on 9.1.0, nut atmosphere 0.10.1 is not working anymore. I always get the error 2162-0002 after Nintendo Switch bootlogo. I can Boot into ofw without an issue. Can someone help please?

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
  13. strider009

strider009 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just some feedback - since this article originally covered the beta and now “updated” to include the final it is now a very confusing read. Would of been clearer as separate 2 posts IMO

14. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yeah, saying that it depends on whether the OS has loaded is arbitrary and not helpful. When an OS is a rather grey term.

It makes more sense to explain it from the point of view of the user, because that is what users care about.

So coldboot means that the exploit is applied at power on, warm boot means it requires the user to do something that reboots.

CFW is flashed to the device, it will be exploited at coldboot.

15. ZachyCatGames

United States
    Ok, I’ll provide context then, that statement was actually (partially) made in response to me saying this thing was coldboot

(Also this theoretical exploit would take place long after trustzone and even the kernel are loaded)

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    In short, I disagree, and it's not how the terms are generally used. I also think, candidly, it's silly to call fusee-gelee untethered. You can see my post above for how the terms are popularly used (including, historically, by SciresM). In a nutshell, (un)tethered refers to the need for an external device like a computer or dongle, and coldboot/warmboot refers to the ability to run CFW after, literally, a coldboot. Anything else is a less efficient way of communicating the important information above.

If you want to continue this conversation, let's do it over PM or in a separate thread.

17. Gazhel

Gazhel Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Forgive my pleb question all

Obviously good software development never ceases so long as there is a need. Atmosphere and other CFW will continue to build upon what they've already developed for quite a while, adding new features, fixing bugs etc.

emuNAND (or whatever it's called with the switch) has been released, which allows us to go online safely provided your Switch's NAND isn't tainted. Games work, we can run emulators and the list goes on.

What else at it's core does Atmosphere and ReiNX need to actually achieve besides bug fixes and smaller "Hey, wouldn't this be neat" features?

Cheers

18. pizzaboy127

pizzaboy127 Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    I'm getting troubles with Dragon Quest 11 S, it says corrupted data, and I have all the sigpatches and those things ;;

19. Gabsbroni

Gabsbroni Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    After install this 0.10.1 version my Breath of the Wild save file keeps some cheats (inf heart, inf stamina, 9999 rupees, etc) always turned on, even if I turn it off on the edizon. Anybody knows what is happening?
    I've never used it on that particular game

20. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Mexico
    Appreciated. Good work. Waiting for the stable release. Thank you.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphère, available, [UPDATE]