Homebrew Atmosphère 0.9.4 & Hekate CTCaer v5.0.2 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Sep 14, 2019.

Front-page Homebrew
    hekatmosphere.

It's here! @SciresM and the rest of his team have just released a new version of Atmosphère, their popular free and open-source Switch CFW.

Version 0.9.4's main highlight is full OFW 9.0.0 support, both for SysMMC and EmuMMC. However, if you plan on updating, there are a few important things to keep in mind. First off, Nintendo's latest firmware changed how HID works, which breaks libnx button input detection. This has been addressed in newer versions of the library, but will require homebrew to be recompiled in order for it to be fixed properly. As such, a temporary measure has been put in place to make old homebrew detect input properly while developers recompile their apps, but this will be removed in later releases as it could introduce further issues with HID MITM. Be sure to update everything you use when new versions pop up!

Secondly, the game card ASIC has also been updated in 9.0.0, which will cause the GC slot to stop working if you downgrade or run an earlier firmware in EmuMMC until you update. To prevent this, Atmosphère will now apply the nogc patch automatically if you boot into 9.0.0 on consoles with a lower fuse count. You can force disable this if you wish by setting nogc = 0 in BCT.ini.

Finally, USB cannot be IPS patched or MITM'd correctly due to some initialization changes, but a solution is currently being looked into.

There are also some general fixes and improvements, including correct BIS key generation for newer unpatched units and hbl 2.2 + hbmenu 3.1.1. You can read the full changelog below:
    @CTCaer's Hekate mod has also been updated, and full 9.0.0 support here is just the beginning! Version 5.0.2 adds a forced autoboot via ID key option, which will prove particularly useful with Android and Linux distros - and staying on topic, CPU/GPU warmboot reboot has been fixed for said OSes as well. A bug that made SaltyNX hang under 8.X.X EmuMMC has also been fixed, so apps and mods that depend on it (such as ReverseNX) will now work properly again. The nogc patch will be applied automatically when running pre-9.0.0 firmware in EmuMMC on a console with a higher fuse count: this is different than the previously described Atmosphère autonogc feature as this is an error prevention measure, while AMS' own tries to avoid game card slot ASIC updates.

Hekate Nyx has also some new goodies, such as archive bit support for EmuMMC folders and proper AutoRCM detection after restoring an eMMC backup. The version included in this release is 0.8.2.

Several other bugs and smaller issues have been fixed, all of which are listed in the changelog below:
    If you are a homebrew developer and wish to fix the broken button input issue found in 9.0.0, you can use dkp-pacman to update libnx to its latest version.

UPDATE: A bug affecting games with vibration support has been found and a hotfix has been released. Please redownload Atmosphère if this affects you.

:arrow: Atmosphère: Source / GBAtemp Thread
    :arrow: Hekate CTCaer: Source / GBAtemp Thread

Discussion (125 replies)
  1. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The Adriatic Sea
    At last. I hope this will relieve the grief and sorrow of those who updated to 9.0.0.
    There's hope now folks...assuming you didn't get mad and break your switch after the update.

Last edited by NoNAND, Sep 14, 2019
  2. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Brazil
    USB cannot be IPS patched or MITM'd correctly due to some initialization changes, but a solution is currently being looked into.

Can we still using tinfoil/goldleaf USB solutions to instal NSPs?

NoNAND likes this.
  3. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    Quick work SciresM

I expect a new SXOS version any time now :9

4. Reynardine

Reynardine Wrote in ancient letters, my name is Reynardine

Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Negativland
    Hey, that's great news!

NoNAND likes this.
  5. NoNAND

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The Adriatic Sea
    Soon™
    ~Team Xecutor stealing code from 2019 and beyond, and getting sued by Nintendo~
    jk jk

Last edited by NoNAND, Sep 14, 2019
  6. XorTroll

XorTroll Dev: Goldleaf, emuiibo, Brew.js...

pip Developer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
    Patches for NSP installs are just FS and ES, so if I'm correct nothing has changed regarding installs (never heard of USB patches anyway...?)

7. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Norway
    Finnaly, it was about time:)
    Now i can enjoy new DLC of Fire Emblem Tree House.

NoNAND likes this.
  8. NoNAND

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The Adriatic Sea
    Did that crash the system on 8.1.0 all the time or only on some occasions?

9. brandonspikes

brandonspikes S

May 30, 2010
    United States
    You mean like how SXOS released 8.1 support before Atmo?

I get it tho. lol XD steals codes XD

10. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    Good news!..

By the way, where one can find fw 9.0.0 zip for the choidujournx?.. Or it's a copyrighted matter?..

11. OneAngryGamer

OneAngryGamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2019
    United States
    No. The DLC Pack seems to be the same one that posted earlier when the game came out. That means only Pack 1 (Officers Academy Uniform) is there, and the rest are placeholders. Look at the file size. The new DLC is no where to be found yet. Only the 1.0.2 Patch.

mathew77 likes this.
  12. Robmane77

Robmane77 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    Hey guys question I have atmosphere what do I use to update to 9.0 fw do I use the Nintendo update or the choidurnyx?? Please let me know

Thanks

13. OneAngryGamer

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2019
    United States
    I have a question as well, my CFW is 8.1.0 and Atmosphere 0.9.3. Do I need to update my stuff to 9.0.0 and get 0.9.4 Atmosphere in order for future games to run smoothly or not?

14. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    If you want to play a game that needs 9.0.0, yes

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1171128737573662720

We are aware that some users who recently purchased the Expansion Pass for Fire Emblem: Three Houses are unable to start the game. A system update will be available later today to fix this. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited by smf, Sep 14, 2019
  15. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    this is great because last night I updated my switch like a fool :rofl2:

16. OneAngryGamer

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2019
    United States
    Sucks. Here I thought keeping the lowest FirmWare was the way to go.

17. gbablackrain

gbablackrain Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    First time Atmos beat SX OS in speed. :lol:

18. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    um what?
    also usually but you need master keys for each firmware level basically so to play any 5.x game you need 5.0 or higher, same with 6.x games needing 6.0 or higher keys

19. OneAngryGamer

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2019
    United States
    Makes sense, though some of my games don't work now. Some do. What gives?