1. 27,120

Front-page
    atmosphere.png
    EDIT: Atmosphère 0.10.1 has been released, which is a proper stable version and it includes the same feature set as 0.10.0, plus a good number of bug fixes & internal improvements. Because this update has been released earlier than expected, the temporary HID mitm submodule's removal has been postponed to the next version.

Yep, it's that time of the year again, and I'm not referring to the holiday season: @SciresM and ReSwitched's Atmosphère CFW has received yet another update! Version 0.10.0 can now be grabbed from the project's official repo and it features a pretty hefty changelog. However, before we proceed with the highlights, there is a quick disclaimer that needs to be made: this version is currently marked as a pre-release and, while the build will transition to a stable release after enough time has passed without bug reports, you may encounter issues and other unexpected behaviours. If any bugs will be discovered during the aforementioned testing period, the devs will try to look for a fix and update the binaries whenever needed - so be sure to check the repo periodically if something doesn't seem to work as it should.

With that out of the way, let's start with a feature most of you likely expected: Atmosphère is now compatible with the Switch's latest firmware, aka 9.1.0. So, whether your console got accidentally updated or you always like to stay on the newest possible OFW, you've now got your back covered! But it doesn't end there, as the Stratosphère refactor that had been started way back in version 0.9.2 has now been completed, bringing benefits both to devs and users alike: on one hand, libstratosphere's new IPC-related code is faster and easier to manage, and on the other, the CFW as a whole uses much less system memory to run, allowing you to load a higher number of sysmodules at the same time! Also, Atmosphère's configuration system has received some changes, as it now includes in code its default values, thus no longer requiring config files if you wish to use the built-in settings. This completely removes the need to bundle any default config files in the releases' ZIP archives, so you no longer have to worry about updates overwriting your own custom settings! Speaking of which, HBL override keys have been improved too, as you can now specify different keys (and states) for programs and apps. The default override keys have also changed - applications will only be overridden with HBL if R is held, while the same will happen with the album applet if R is not held.

A few paths have been moved around in 0.10.0 as well. The process override directory (used, for example, for LayeredFS mods amongst other things) has changed from /atmosphere/titles/ to /atmosphere/contents/. However, you do not need to touch anything yourself, as the CFW will scan for the old directory and rename it for you if found. On the other hand, Atmosphère now expects all config files to be in /atmosphere/config/ - as stated before, you don't need any config files if you're okay with the default settings, but you will need to move them over if that's not the case (plus, loader.ini has been renamed to override_config.ini).

Finally, it has also been announced that the temporary HID mitm sysmodule introduced in v0.9.4 will be removed in the CFW's next point release (0.10.1) [NOTE: this has since been postponed to 0.10.2, see the edit at the beginning of the article]. This will further free memory available to custom sysmodules and let you mitm HID without issues, but it will also break homebrew that had been compiled with old libnx versions due to internal changes with OFW >= 9.0.0. Make sure that whichever homebrew you use has been updated to avoid any future issues!

There's much, much more in this release, like increasing the default amount of memory reserved to applets, allowing homebrew access to the PMU registers and a ton of bug fixes! Here is the full changelog:
    :arrow: Source
    :download: Releases
    :arrow: Discussion Thread

2. Discussion (125 replies)

3. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Coincidence that AMS releases an update after SXOS updated? :Thonk:

4. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    Does anyone know if the temporary HID mitm sysmodule is an external module if so where's it located? I rather not have 2/3 of homebrew suddenly become incompatible in the next release.

5. Mrperson0

Mrperson0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    inb4 people complain about it not working because Hekate has yet to be updated.

6. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

United States
    It's pre-release

My guess is they were working out the bugs and waiting to publish until it was more stable - but quickly cobbled together what they had for release after the SX announcement - so as to not be judged as behind the scene

GuyInDogSuit likes this.
  7. chaoskagami

chaoskagami G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
    Developer

United States
    No. All modules that are part of atmosphere are baked into fusee-secondary at build-time, iirc.

If you want an external hid-mitm you'll have to build it from source and dump it in a contents folder with boot2.flag.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    MarkDarkness, RattletraPM and cots like this.
  8. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Fan

Kuwait
    Will we ever get permanent CFW for Nintendo switch?

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Without installing a modchip, no, probably not.

10. Username4321

Username4321 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Guys my dog just accidentally updated my Switch to 9.3.0 what do I do

11. LuigiSuperStarSaga

LuigiSuperStarSaga GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Make your dog destroy the switch with a hammer.

Subtle Demise and James_ like this.
  12. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    Slick update, ma dudes! ;)

13. SciresM

SciresM Developer
    Developer

United States
    No, I announced this pre-release plan in a livestream on Wednesday (when I gave an ETA of today/tomorrow).

The pre-release thing is just so that people don't complain if I replace the release binary to fix any bugs that might be found.

14. bbcali89

bbcali89 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @SciresM do I just replace the files on atmosphere folder? How does upgrading atmosphere work? Thank you! - people are also saying hekate needs to be updated is that true?

15. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    Get him a plane ticket to Japan and help him with his resume he'll need when applying at Nintendo.

16. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    Thanks for releasing,Atmosphere team
    Pre-release so we should expect bugs and errors right.
    I appreciate the continued work.

17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Grumpy Enby

Antarctica
    Always nice seeing the vastly superior and community driven CFW continuing to thrive. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    g4jek8j54, Mrperson0 and Canna like this.
  18. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

United States
    maybe one day

19. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    An untethered coldboot exploit might be possible on 1.x-3.x someday, but anything else is unlikely without a modchip.

MarkDarkness and Darksabre72 like this.
  20. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  21. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

United States
    I don't know any stuff but could someone explain what it means to have code that becomes faster and easier to manage? Like the basis that code management goes by? What makes code fast like the building of atmosphere or the running of it is faster?

Either way congrats to the team and keep it up and screw the jerks.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphère, available, [UPDATE]