1. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    That depends on your point of view and what you're using it for. Unlike you I don't discriminate against others based on a silly thing like what CFW they choose to use. Like myself you of all people should understand what it's like to be discriminated against.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    gizmomelb and Emenaria like this.
  2. brotein_shake94

Newcomer

United States
    I'm wondering if hekate needs to be updated as well. If somebody could answer that for me that would be great

3. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    You need to use the included payload fusee-primary.bin . Previous sig patches don't work either. This 9.1.0 CFW isn't much use right now if you're wanting to play backups. If you want to do that you'll have to use another CFW that supports 9.1.0 and backups. Though, a new Hekate and the sig patches will probably be released shortly.

MarkDarkness and ModderFokker619 like this.
  4. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    So what in it for us pirate?

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. TheAle124

TheAle124 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

I just updated to atmosphere 0.10.0 and everytime after I boot into it, it crashes after the "Switch" logo. I've got the error code: 2162-0002 (0x4a2). Is there anyway to fix this?

6. tabnk

tabnk GBAtemp Regular

United States
  7. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    As you should. There's private sig patches floating around as we speak. Just be patient.

MarkDarkness likes this.
  8. ryanrudin

ryanrudin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried to use the fusee-primary.bin but my switch just went into a boot loop; Im gonna just wait for hekate

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wait for hekate, give it a few days, a week tops

9. TheAle124

TheAle124 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks!

10. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    The "floating around in private circles" much sought after items have been tested and now can be found at the usual place.

https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases/tag/5.0.0J
    • 12/07/2019
      ES & FS patches ported for FW v9.1.0
      An additional support added for Fusee Primary users (there's a separate archive packed in 7z, hekate won't load this but Fusee Primary will)

lordelan and hippy dave like this.
  11. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    it already exists it's called SX OS :P

12. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    He might mean a coldboot solution, which is available right now if you install a modchip. And before the software only hackers claim it's not a true coldboot solution then I guess every other modchip in existence that injected some sort of code to exploit a console weren't coldbooting either (insert sarcasm here). If you want to ignore the haters and earn some hacking points (every real hacker should know how to solder) you can check out this great thread right here on these here forums to learn all about it. If you are interested and don't want to hone your skills you can always pay someone like u/xboxexpert to install a chip for you.

xMusicax and MarkDarkness like this.
  13. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Just wanted to type that haha
    Thought I just need the new Atmos release.
    Still can't launch stock from hekate :cry:

I'm so retarded for updating sysNand in advance because I thought the fw of the sysNand wouldn't matter if you launch it from hekate.

14. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Netherlands
    Good news, then I wait a littie longer to update my switch.

15. cots

cots Banned
    Banned

United States
    If you want stock just boot the console without injecting a payload. If you want CFW just use the payload provided with Atmosphere until a new Hekate is released.

16. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I want to keep my sysNand clean and don't brun fuses so I have to launch stock from hekate.
    If I just boot the sysNand normaly my fuses are fucked. And if I boot it with CFW there is a high risk of getting banned since I go online with my sysNand.

17. ryanrudin

ryanrudin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    When i inject fusee-primary.bin I enter a bootloop. Hekate is the only boot that works for me

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry, Im new to homebrew, but what does "burn fuses" mean? Is it literally burning a fuse like in a car?

18. Deathwing Zero

Deathwing Zero GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    No, not really. Fuses in a car are required for it to function correctly, and are physical things you can replace. The switch uses what are called eFuses. These are software based fuses that can only be written once, so once it's burned it's permanently unrecoverable and because they are software based you can't just replace them or solder in new ones.

They're used as an anti-downgrade measure. Most new firmware versions have a certain number of fuses it expects to be burnt. If the number of burnt fuses is below the number the firmware expects when the switch is booted, it enters fuse programming mode and burns the correct number. If it has too many fuses burned, the switch will refuse to boot. This fuse checking step of the boot process is skipped by all CFW and Hekate, but only if you can stop the switch from getting too far in the boot process. This is easiest to achieve with AutoRCM, but if you're super quick and consistant, you can do it without AutoRCM, but if you screw up your fuses are burned and there is no going back.

This is kind of a basic overview, but you can find more information here if your of the more technical mind: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade

Joshua Wright and ryanrudin like this.
  19. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    Yes, put ur dog up for adoption. :)

20. chaosblack954

chaosblack954 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    been having an issue with it opening HBmenu without having to hold down R. Anyone know what the issue is?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphère, available, [UPDATE]