Hacking Update and streetpass

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if these questions have been answered before, but I am in need of an urgent answer on the count of I am going out of town tomorrow, and plan on doing a lot of street-passing, lol.

My Japanese New 3DS is currently on firmware 11.2.0-35, using Luma 6.6 cfw. It shows I am on Sysnand in my settings menu. I don't use emunand.

Now, first I want to know that if it is safe to upgrade to the latest firmware (11.3) with my current cfw etc. I am unable to sign in to my NNID, and do various other things that need an upgrade. It seems I found instructions on how to upgrade, and heard several people say that upgrading is safe, but I just want to make sure....if I can safely upgrade, can I do it through settings as always or is there a safer method?

Second, with my current firmware/cfw setup will I be able to use streetpass? Do I need to be signed into my NNID to do so?

Thanks in advance for all the help:)

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I see.

I also just saw that the homebrew files, cias etc. will also need to be updated to work. Is this true? If so, I may wait until later so I can upgrade with more time on my hands to prevent any mistakes.

Anyway, will streetpass work if I don't upgrade/sign in to my NNID right now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1