Update and streetpass

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by neko_koneko, Mar 4, 2017.

1. neko_koneko
    OP

neko_koneko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    I apologize if these questions have been answered before, but I am in need of an urgent answer on the count of I am going out of town tomorrow, and plan on doing a lot of street-passing, lol.

My Japanese New 3DS is currently on firmware 11.2.0-35, using Luma 6.6 cfw. It shows I am on Sysnand in my settings menu. I don't use emunand.

Now, first I want to know that if it is safe to upgrade to the latest firmware (11.3) with my current cfw etc. I am unable to sign in to my NNID, and do various other things that need an upgrade. It seems I found instructions on how to upgrade, and heard several people say that upgrading is safe, but I just want to make sure....if I can safely upgrade, can I do it through settings as always or is there a safer method?

Second, with my current firmware/cfw setup will I be able to use streetpass? Do I need to be signed into my NNID to do so?

Thanks in advance for all the help:)

2. Pro_Sparrow

Pro_Sparrow GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2017
    Serbia, Republic of
    In a tree
    You can update through sys settings, just before you do make a NAND backup just in case something goes wrong.

3. neko_koneko
    OP

neko_koneko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    Alright, I see.

I also just saw that the homebrew files, cias etc. will also need to be updated to work. Is this true? If so, I may wait until later so I can upgrade with more time on my hands to prevent any mistakes.

Anyway, will streetpass work if I don't upgrade/sign in to my NNID right now?

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes

5. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    Try ctr-httpwn before updating!