Hacking Update 8.0.0 o3DS to 9.2.0?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

a friend of mine got a 8.0.0 o3DS and we want to update it to 9.2.0.
I got the update-pack (from that Iso Site) already and I've a copy of Cubic Ninja.

Someone who could give me a step-by-step Tutorial how to update the o3DS to 9.2.0?
We don't want to brick it :'D

Cha0s Em3rald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically you need to install rxtools on the console, inject fbi into the health & safety app, install sysupdater then install the update pack. You can find a full tut by Madridi on some *snip* site

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. Download one of the nightly builds of rxTools (or rxtools 2.5.2) and SysUpdater.

2. Download the 9.2 update cias from "some iso site."

3. Create a folder on the root of your 3DS's SD called "updates" without the quotes.

4. Set up rxTools with your 3DS.

5. Install the SysUpdater cia on sysNAND. Do not boot SysUpdater yet! You must be in devmode (pasta mode) to update! It will brick your 3DS if you are not in devmode!

6. Power off your 3DS, then power it back on.

7. Boot rxTools and while booting it hold L to open the rxTools menu (hold R if using 2.5.2).

8. Go to advanced options and boot devmode (pasta mode on some of the latest nightly builds).

9. If you boot into sysNAND you have booted devmode successfully.

10. Boot SysUpdater and press A to update.

11. Allow it to update your 3DS. When it finishes turn the 3DS off.

12. Reboot the 3DS; you should now be on 9.2!

On step 5, you will need to inject fbi into health & safety app through rxTools menu, then install Sysupdater on sysNAND.

DONT FORGET TO MAKE A NAND BACKUP WITH GATEWAY LAUNCHER.DAT

Last edited by Xinaman,
Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people...