Hacking Help with bricked O3DS XL

JUAKO_XD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi guys, i've got myself a cheap non-working 3ds to fix, so i can play multiplayer games ( i already have another O3DSXL). So the simptoms are a static blue led, and no screen. What i tried so far, i've checked the internal connections, i've swapped boards with my working one, and everything except for the mainboard seems to work well. I suspect a bad CFW install, the guy who selled to me said it was with CFW, but it came with no SD. I did a hardmod dump, and tried a ntrboothax, but i really don´t know what the steps are to get it running. Can someone give me some directions?

• Sad
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Double check the WiFi card and the connector. Nothing will work without the WiFi properly connected.

Hardmodding isn't needed an probably not even a good idea (dangerous). Since you already dumped the NAND via hardmod, try accessing the image with ninfs. If this works, it means the console has had CFW before (GodMode9 embedded a backup of the keys).
The pretty much only way to even try troubleshooting this, is ntrboot. Problem is there can be so many reasons for ntrboot failing and the result is always the same. Rule out as many of them performing ntrboot on a working unit:
  • R4 clone not flashed correctly
  • boot.firm missing or SD not correctly formatted or SD bad
  • magnet too weak and/or in wrong spot
  • Holding buttons not long enough or too long. Release (Power) before the others. It needs practice.
Then those which can't be checked on another unit:
  • Bad gamecart reader
  • Bad SD reader
  • Mainboard damage, device dead.

Reactions: Sypherone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY