Homebrew Update 11.2 and homebrew

katykat5099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downgrading to 9.2: Still patched (Unless you have another 3DS with CFW)

Can someone explain this, please? I am fairly curious. If this is possible on the new version, it would be much appreciated

Last edited by katykat5099,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So I've been on the Wii U scene for quite awhile. My 3DS is still on 11.1. Do I need to update Luma3DS for it to work on 11.2? I'm currently using 6.2.3 using the Dev Build.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
So I've been on the Wii U scene for quite awhile. My 3DS is still on 11.1. Do I need to update Luma3DS for it to work on 11.2? I'm currently using 6.2.3 using the Dev Build.

No, just update Luma, yet you might as well update to 11.2 while you are at it.

Plus, Luma, as from 6.3, it merged the regular and dev builds into one.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
So update to Luma3DS 6.5 and just update to 11.2? I'm not a A9LH user by the way.

Ahh, okay, well don't update to 11.2 then, if you are not on a9lh:) unless it's a emunand. You should be okay to update Luma to 6.5 though, as that won't have any side effects, as I was on 11.0 and used 6.5 a few days ago.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ahh, okay, well don't update to 11.2 then, if you are not on a9lh:) unless it's a emunand. You should be okay to update Luma to 6.5 though, as that won't have any side effects, as I was on 11.0 and used 6.5 a few days ago.

I am indeed on emuNAND. Will I still have online access even though I'm on 11.1? I don't want to be left behind on Sun/Moon. lol

KingKosmic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm having an issue with freakyhax. It worked until I updated and now it crashes. I replaced all the freakyhax files, a new otherapp.bin and reset the save file. I've tried reaching out to qlutoo and smealum but they haven't been able to give me an answer. I get this when trying to load up the qr code. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• CwyIpIIUQAAHCiY.jpg
    CwyIpIIUQAAHCiY.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 215

KevinC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'm having an issue with freakyhax. It worked until I updated and now it crashes. I replaced all the freakyhax files, a new otherapp.bin and reset the save file. I've tried reaching out to qlutoo and smealum but they haven't been able to give me an answer. I get this when trying to load up the qr code. Any help is appreciated.

Well we need more info such as what version are you on your either n3ds or o3ds? by going to system settings and you should see it

zoroarkrules25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with this update, what is the main way of getting homebrew if you don't already have it? Every tutorial I see says that you need to have another exploit to run them.

So what is the exploit I need that requires no additional exploits to work? I'd like to install Luma, but I need homebrew first.

aqoura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with this update, what is the main way of getting homebrew if you don't already have it? Every tutorial I see says that you need to have another exploit to run them.

So what is the exploit I need that requires no additional exploits to work? I'd like to install Luma, but I need homebrew first.

Same question here. I had browserhax before I stupidly updated and now I don't know what to do.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So what is the exploit I need that requires no additional exploits to work?
Same question here. I had browserhax before I stupidly updated and now I don't know what to do.
The exploits that can run on their own on 11.2 are: Ninjhax, Smashbroshax (New 3DS only), and OoThax (requires a Powersaves device).

Edit: I've heard conflicting reports on Freakyhax. The OP of this thread claims it works on 11.2, whereas Plailect's guide claims it only works up to 11.1. I'd imagine it would work on 11.2; I'll test it for myself at some point.

I'd like to install Luma, but I need homebrew first.
If you want to install Luma, you'll need another 3DS with CFW access so you can follow the dsiware downgrade (unless you're talking about downgrading when/if an 11.2 kernel exploit is released, in which case, never mind).

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

zoroarkrules25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exploits that can run on their own on 11.2 are: Ninjhax, Smashbroshax (New 3DS only), and OoThax (requires a Powersaves device).

Edit: I've heard conflicting reports on Freakyhax. The OP of this thread claims it works on 11.2, whereas Plailect's guide claims it only works up to 11.1. I'd imagine it would work on 11.2; I'll test it for myself at some point.

If you want to install Luma, you'll need another 3DS with CFW access so you can follow the dsiware downgrade (unless you're talking about downgrading when/if an 11.2 kernel exploit is released, in which case, never mind).
The smash one is stand alone? I thought it had another requirement. Are there any good tutorials for it? I am confused by it's process.

And it would be Luma without downgrading.

I actually have another 3ds on version 1.0 that I may use instead. I can't seem to find a good tutorial for it. I get kicked out of the internet browser saying it needs to be updated. Are there more options for installing homebrew on this version then 11.2?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The smash one is stand alone? I thought it had another requirement. Are there any good tutorials for it? I am confused by it's process.
Google is your friend.

And it would be Luma without downgrading.
If you're saying what I think you're saying, I don't think you know how CFW works.

I actually have another 3ds on version 1.0 that I may use instead. I can't seem to find a good tutorial for it. I get kicked out of the internet browser saying it needs to be updated. Are there more options for installing homebrew on this version then 11.2?
1.0? Do you mean 11.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ