Homebrew Update: 10.6.0-31 Homebrew Status

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, you can do it with powersaves I think. It's a bit more complicated though.

Yeah, you have to use PS to load the hack file into the game. I should be able to figure it out. I know where to put the save file on my computer and there's got to be a tutorial or video somewhere.

Thanks

Xxzzeerrtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 1.5, and I'm trying to use oot3dhax with browser hax as a starting point. But it says I can't use the internet browser until I update, is there any way around this?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still on 1.5, and I'm trying to use oot3dhax with browser hax as a starting point. But it says I can't use the internet browser until I update, is there any way around this?
People say you can use the same payloads for 10.5 on 10.6.
Anyway, you should be able to use browserhax again if you set your 3ds' date to January 1 2000 00:00 and run browserhax as quick as possible

Xxzzeerrtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People say you can use the same payloads for 10.5 on 10.6.
Anyway, you should be able to use browserhax again if you set your 3ds' date to January 1 2000 00:00 and run browserhax as quick as possible
Ok, should i set my date and then update, or is it important that I do that after the update?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, should i set my date and then update, or is it important that I do that after the update?
NO
If you update, you wouldn't be able to use browserhax again (you cannot use browserhax on 10.6 anymore)... this is only if you want to use browserhax on 10.5.
If you want to run homebrew on 10.6, you need to install the proper payloads on your oot to make oothax work on 10.6.
So you can set the date on 10.5 to enter homebrew on 10.5, install oothax for 10.6 and then, update your system to 10.6.

Once you update to 10.6 you will only be able to run homebrew using your oothax

Xxzzeerrtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO
If you update, you wouldn't be able to use browserhax again (you cannot use browserhax on 10.6 anymore)... this is only if you want to use browserhax on 10.5.
If you want to run homebrew on 10.6, you need to install the proper payloads on your oot to make oothax work on 10.6.
So you can set the date on 10.5 to enter homebrew on 10.5, install oothax for 10.6 and then, update your system to 10.6.

Once you update to 10.6 you will only be able to run homebrew using your oothax
I set the date and time, but it still won't let me use the browser... (Some potentially valuable information, i am using an o3ds and have never accessed homebrew before.)

Dashluna

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm new to all this 3ds hacking. I have the latest firmware update 10.6.0-31U, and i would like to hack my old 3ds xl, (but no hardmod) is there any way for me to hack it? or i would have to wait for further delelopment on the tools? thanks for any help.

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm new to all this 3ds hacking. I have the latest firmware update 10.6.0-31U, and i would like to hack my old 3ds xl, (but no hardmod) is there any way for me to hack it? or i would have to wait for further delelopment on the tools? thanks for any help.
No.

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of February 24, 2016, the browser-version-check requires that the installed Old3DS browser be on >=v10.6. With New3DS, it only has to be on >=v10.2 currently. To bypass this requirement on Old3DS/New3DS, you can do the following(if you want to know how this works see here):
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of February 24, 2016, the browser-version-check requires that the installed Old3DS browser be on >=v10.6. With New3DS, it only has to be on >=v10.2 currently. To bypass this requirement on Old3DS/New3DS, you can do the following(if you want to know how this works see here):
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass

From there I presume you can install Menuhax on systems that support it, correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1