Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
Updated!

warning! warning! warning!
YSMenu + savlib.dat (R4 & DSTT)

DSTT Firmware (TTMENU.DAT) can convert 512K to 1M.
YSMenu (YSMenu.nds) can't convert, 1M save will create in no save file.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the infolib and whats the savlib, WHAT IS TEH FUNCTIONS OF EACH ONE?!

WHICH IS TEH LOWER TEH LOAD TIME ONE?!?

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
niu said:
Updated!

warning! warning! warning!
YSMenu + savlib.dat (R4 & DSTT)

DSTT Firmware (TTMENU.DAT) can convert 512K to 1M.
YSMenu (YSMenu.nds) can't convert, 1M save will create in no save file.

Told ya.

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Which infolib and savlib files do I copy and to where? (The DSM0136 folder has both the infolib and savlib files, and the Savlib folder has only savlib.) And to clarify, does using YSMenu as a firmware (TTMenu folder) allow auto-convert of save files? If not, how exactly do I hex edit my sav to make it 1MB?

Sorry for all the questions. >_

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe you'll want to use the infolib.dat from DSM0136 folder, and savlib.dat from the Savlib folder.

If I understand correctly, YSMenu does NOT auto-convert the save file (it simply overwrites the old one). But TTMenu does convert the save file. So, first make a backup of your save file, then replace the infolib.dat and savlib.dat files, then run the game using TTMenu to convert your 512K save file to a 1M save file without losing your save data.

-Bri

g73m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have an R4 with an up to date YSMenu running. I've been reading through every post in this thread but have not been successful in getting it to work for me.

Can someone help me fix the Pokemon Platinum Save Problem.

Where do I place the unofficial files?
Do I place them somewhere before running R4YSauto?
Or do I place them in the TTMENU folder on my ds?

They are currently in the TTMENU folder on my ds, and Platinum is creating 512kb sav's... how can I fix this? or how can I add the gameid (which I also don't know how to find) for the platinum game that I have to the XML file? (If this is not possible, how can I hex edit the 512 sav?)

Also

I attempted to hexedit the 512kb sav but generating a blank sav with some software i don't know have went straight over my head.

Thank You

(The .sav i have is not important to me, I don't care about losing any data on it, I just want it to make it the right size!)

drstupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g73m said:
In the TTMENU folder on your DS. Delete the original files from the TTMENU folder and copy the new ones in. Make sure you are using the savlib.dat from the second link in the OP if you are using a US/UK game.

QUOTE(g73m @ Mar 22 2009, 02:40 PM) (The .sav i have is not important to me, I don't care about losing any data on it, I just want it to make it the right size!)
Delete the .sav file you have now, then, and if you applied the new infolib.dat & savlib.dat files start the game again and YSMenu will ask to create a new .sav file. Say yes. It should be 1 MB. You can check by restarting into YSMenu and hitting Select until you are viewing save files, see if it is 1 MB for that game. Works for me. (R4 (real one) running R4YSauto, updated everything to the latest versions.)

g73m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drstupid said:
g73m said:
In the TTMENU folder on your DS. Delete the original files from the TTMENU folder and copy the new ones in. Make sure you are using the savlib.dat from the second link in the OP if you are using a US/UK game.

I don't have them in the folder originally, and just plonking them in doesn't seem to have any effect. I opened up the XML and Pokemon Platinum is not on the list, I don't know if its in the savlib because I dont have anything to read them. I'm definitely using the files from the OP because I didn't have either .dat to start with :-(

drstupid said:
QUOTE(g73m @ Mar 22 2009, 02:40 PM)
(The .sav i have is not important to me, I don't care about losing any data on it, I just want it to make it the right size!)
Delete the .sav file you have now, then, and if you applied the new infolib.dat & savlib.dat files start the game again and YSMenu will ask to create a new .sav file. Say yes. It should be 1 MB. You can check by restarting into YSMenu and hitting Select until you are viewing save files, see if it is 1 MB for that game. Works for me. (R4 (real one) running R4YSauto, updated everything to the latest versions.)

When I do that its still 512kb. I'm going to run through the setup now again.

Just to clarify.

-Run R4YSauto, copy files to Card
-Copy files from OP to TTMenu on Card
-Run game creating sav, should be 1024....

(this is what im doing now. shall report back. let me know if thats wrong)

Thanks

EDIT:
Yup... no luck, its 512 again. What am I doing wrong?

Is it possible for you to send me your system files setup then?
bow.gif

+Neither the savlib from the OP or from user Niu succeeded in creating a 1mb Sav File. :-(

++Okay this is getting silly! I downloaded TTMENU files, replaced the infolib and savlib and put the xml there...(although I did have to use _DS_MENU.dat and r4patch.dat from the R4YSauto installer) and still it created a 512kb file! bah!!

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here?

g73m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a YMenu folder, if you mean run the R4YSauto with them in the folder, then put them in the TT folder too i'll give that a go....

EDIT:
I put the files in absolutely everything, in the 7z file of ttmenu, in the y4ysauto folder and it asked me if i want to overwrite them when running r4ysauto... so it knows they are there. they are in my ds folder when the 'firmware' is created aswell. so somethings working, only thing is it still creates a 512kb sav. It's not that i have a game with a strange ID because the cheats from an updated USRCHEAT.dat i got off here are linked with it properly. hmm!!

i told it not to overwrite savlib.dat etc etc, should i have let it? i would test it but have got to catch a train so will be back later!
happy.gif

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hey there!

I've got an issue here, I use original R4 with YSMenu0903211700(latest) converted with TTYSMenu 1.41(also latest) + Moonshell beta8.1(doesn't work anyway)(firmware itself is patched with dldi_v1 and moonshell with dldi_v2). I've put those files in my TTMENU folder and overwritten them, however games doesn't seem to load faster(I've only tested with The World Ends With You UnDub).
Shall I put those files to YSMenu folder as jester13 says so?

EDIT: I've just put those files to YSMenu folder as well, It might be just me, but how much does it take to load a game for you(I think it's around 5 sec for TWEWY(FAT16, one game only on my 2GB kingston taiwan)
EDIT2: Pokemon Pearl/Diamons load in ~2.5 seconds, mario kart DS even less, seems like TWEWY is just really slow then, do you have similiar results having applied those new libs?

g73m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
User DrStupid sent me a PM saying format sd card, and he also sent me a link to the system file setup he was using..

worked amazing.

Thanks A Lot! :-)

shinytogekiss3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
I believe you'll want to use the infolib.dat from DSM0136 folder, and savlib.dat from the Savlib folder.

If I understand correctly, YSMenu does NOT auto-convert the save file (it simply overwrites the old one). But TTMenu does convert the save file. So, first make a backup of your save file, then replace the infolib.dat and savlib.dat files, then run the game using TTMenu to convert your 512K save file to a 1M save file without losing your save data.

-Bri
If I understand correctly, I have to backup my save (in this case for pokemon platinum). Then i put the infolib.dat and savlib.dat files in my TTMenu folder, and run the game. This is to convert my save to 1024kb right?
Where do i put the backup: On my hard drive or the folder with the other save in it?

edit: for my ys menu, i have ttmenu.sys, but not ttmenu.dat. Will this in any way affect the TTMenu's ability to convert saves? also, how would you run using TTmenu? would it be running a game with the ysmenu's data normally, or some other way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: