Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinytogekiss3 said:
If I understand correctly, I have to backup my save (in this case for pokemon platinum). Then i put the infolib.dat and savlib.dat files in my TTMenu folder, and run the game. This is to convert my save to 1024kb right?
Where do i put the backup: On my hard drive or the folder with the other save in it?

You cannot convert a current 512K save to a 1M save with YSMenu. YSMenu will only create a new 1M save file. In order to convert your current one, you'll either have to use TTMenu, or do it by hand (someone recently posted the method of doing it by hand somewhere, but I don't recall where so you'll have to search).

QUOTEedit: for my ys menu, i have ttmenu.sys, but not ttmenu.dat. Will this in any way affect the TTMenu's ability to convert saves? also, how would you run using TTmenu? would it be running a game with the ysmenu's data normally, or some other way?

I don't understand your questions. TTMenu.sys is a system file that you shouldn't mess with. TTMenu.dat is the default menu (either TTMenu or YSMenu depending on which you have as your default menu). Neither of these files should be changed.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you put infolib.dat and savlib.dat into the TTMENU folder (replacing the ones that are there) and then they will be used by both TTMenu and YSMenu. YSMenu shares some of its data with TTMenu.

-Bri

lomo_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't get this working with YSmenu, however I created the save using TTmenu, and then simply copied it over to the card with YSmenu.

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to clarify:
Infolib.dat is the library that speeds up loading times, (not sure on this) I believe that the save size
definitions and further game compatability patches etc are stored in here.
Savlib.dat contains the data for game compatability, it tells the DSTT firmware whether it should
make a 512kb or 1mb save.

Dragonmasta666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just tried putting YSmenu on my R4 (legit one). I have it set so that I can load it like any other .nds file. I tried loading YSmenu up and it works fine, games run. I put infolib.dat & savlib.dat in the proper folder and tried loading back up. Once again everything works fine BUT after loading pokemon and creating a new save and then going back and checking the size it is still 512kb not 1mb. I am confused as to what has been done incorrectly, apparently another user has successfully gotten this fixed by using someone elses setup or something but im curious as to why its not saving in 1mb saves for platinum or any of those stated games.. Any idea?
(g73m how did you get it fixed. And or Drstupid do you know what he did wrong?)

Dragonmasta666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the newest one (i think) straight from ys's website. Unless he just happens to have all sorts of old versions. I used the autoys batch builder as well. Its worked for everyone else whos using it so i have no reason to believe it wouldnt work for me. That being said, like many other users, there were no initial infolib and savlib residing within the folder and i just placed them in there. anyone have a working build i can compare mine to? I might be able to find the issue and report on what happened.

Also I tried loading up GTA:CW and its not taking seconds like everyone else is reporting, mine takes around the average 10ish+ seconds like before. Is it possible its not reading my infolib and savlib?

FURTHER EDIT: I just redid the creation of YSmenu and put it back on my memory stick. Nothing has changed still creates a 512kb save, for some reason i dont think it is reading/using the library files.

Dragonmasta666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double post yes, but I feel its necessary: I do believe i installed the incorrect (read: older) copy of YSmenu. Unfortunately reading in Japanese leaves me a litte
wacko.gif
and my GF has trouble translating for me. If this works, please excuse my retardation hahaha

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Follow the directions in the FAQ that is stickied to the DSTT forum to download the latest version of YSMenu. You don't have to know how to read Japanese -- you only have to know how to read a date (hint -- the most recent version is at the top of the scrolling list on Yasu's web site).

-Bri

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do both these files go in the ttmenu folder?(using ysmenu),also is pokemon platinum always a 1024 save or at some point does it change from 512 to 1024? cause I've played a good few hrs in and havn't had any save issues.....

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
InuYasha said:
Do both these files go in the ttmenu folder?(using ysmenu),also is pokemon platinum always a 1024 save or at some point does it change from 512 to 1024? cause I've played a good few hrs in and havn't had any save issues.....
Yes, just put them straight into your TTMENU folder.

YSMenu can only generate a 1Mb save for PP, it can't upgrade to a 1Mb save from a 512Kb save. Apparently 512Kb saves work fine right up until the point where the game needs to save more than 512Kb of data. Then everything goes bad.

There are ways to manually edit the file size of an existing .sav file but I never had to find them out as, luckily, I discovered all of the above before starting the game.
wink.gif

aimansss95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:

just paste the infolib and savlib in the TTmenu folder...replace it with the current one..i play platinum and doesn't evev pass the first gym yet..but after i paste the info and sav thingy..it automatically convert it to 1 mb save file...doesn;t matter how far you go though.....your save file might eventually corrrupted...i'm using dstt

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
InuYasha said:
Well I play Platinum on the original R4 1.18 firmware does it need to be patched to use the 1024 save?
I wouldn't know, I gave up on v1.18 months ago. There's only so many times a man can apply an ARM7 patch before he says "enough is enough!".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.