Hacking Unoffical -- USBloader_GX(S)

jorges4lu2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've compiled a USBloader GX version, and this work so good. Actually I can launch games, without any problem. If you want this version, I can upload it (if it is not ilegal). I can upload my puneek files too. All this work like a charm.

Bjerlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jorges4lu2 said:
I've compiled a USBloader GX version, and this work so good. Actually I can launch games, without any problem. If you want this version, I can upload it (if it is not ilegal). I can upload my puneek files too. All this work like a charm.

If you gotten it to work like a charm, then I guess there are alot of people intrested in it.
I tried before but hadent the time to make the effort.

Sure I just realy want it for 1 game realy and its the famous Metroid Prime Trilogy.

If it works and its ok from the authors of the other things then please upload it somewhere.

Grats to your work by the way.

Bjerlk

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken from here:

http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide

Puneek by giantpune (Thanks for sharing)
giantpune decided to share his source with us. You want it ??? You know you do !!!
email: [email protected]
This is from the source, this is not mine, this is giantpune all the way.
Take a look:

Quick and dirty to verify that the pune modules are working
(USB)
  • Must have boot2_USB.bin on SD root (as boot2.bin).
  • Must have boot2_USB.bin on USB root (as boot2.bin).
  • Must have di.bin on USB root.
  • Do not need di.bin on SD.
  • Do not need bootmii folder on USB.
  • Must have working NAND dump on USB.
  • Do not need NAND on SD.
  • Must have correctly installed game on USB
(Thanks fogbank)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 new icons to distinguish Pune's mods (Thanks pepxl)
iconp.png
iconwb.png

jorges4lu2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone interested:

Here is the link

-snipped-

Just put the content in the root of the USB and in the root of the SD.

Put the 8 folders of the nand dump in the root of the USB. The nand must have system menu 4.2.

jorges4lu2

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Is Puneek a modification of UNEEK or UNEEK+DI ?
I would like to make it load games in WBFS or FAT format ( no DI stuff ) , also from disc ( with either Darkcorp , Neogamma, Gecko OS or other loader ) .
Can this be done with Puneek ? I emailed [email protected] , received the files . I have a boot2.bin ,di.bin, gx.dol and wiiflow.dol compiled . The rest is all source code .

Steps should be like this ?
-install regular UNEEK
-replace with PUNEEK files
-convert gx and wiiflow dol to wad with Customize Mii
-install them to nand with showmiiwads
-for disc loading install darkcorp wads directly to nand ?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
flo said:
is puneek a modification of uneek or uneek+di ?
i would like to make it load games in wbfs or fat format ( no di stuff ) , also from disc ( with either darkcorp , neogamma, gecko os or other loader ) .
can this be done with puneek ? i emailed [email protected] , received the files . i have a boot2.bin ,di.bin, gx.dol and wiiflow.dol compiled . the rest is all source code .
1) loading backups via softmods always involves the di-module, to my knowledge.
2) as far as i know (but don't quote me on this), one thing excludes the other, i thought? so you can't load via usb and via disc, only one thing is possible in the emulation...
3) uneek+di and puneek can only load from fst/"unpacked" wii games (no .iso, no .wbfs, etc.), and only from fat32 (with a 32kb cluster. 64kb cluster won't work)
4) puneek is outdated, many fixes from the latest versions of uneek aren't in it. also, the only difference with the latest version of uneek+di is the ability to load via an modified usbloader, so you have a nice gui, but less fixes/improvements.

i don't know, but from what you would like to do, i would suggest the old cios-method, since it does all what you wanted, and stay away from sneek/uneek/puneek.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why has no one updated punes code to work with the new sneek code. And I can not get punes wiiflow to change the game. It always loads the first game on my list. Could it be that it dose not work with 4.3 backed up nands. Or am I doing something wrong. I also can't get it to bring up the game list by pressing the 1 button in system menu. Thanks for any help

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Blue-K , i would like to create a UNEEK install that can load backups from disc and USB . For disc loading you can install Darkcorp , but if you use the DI module then DVD acces will be disabled .
Does PUNEEK use DI for HDD loading ? I thought PUNEEK + gx.dol / wiiflow.dol are modified to work with CIOS. That would mean you could theoretically have DVD+HDD loading at the same time .
But , does it still use the DI module ?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
flo said:
Blue-K , i would like to create a UNEEK install that can load backups from disc and USB . For disc loading you can install Darkcorp , but if you use the DI module then DVD acces will be disabled .
Does PUNEEK use DI for HDD loading ? I thought PUNEEK + gx.dol / wiiflow.dol are modified to work with CIOS. That would mean you could theoretically have DVD+HDD loading at the same time .
Look, I'll have to repeat myself, but anyways:

To my knowledge, Darkcorp won't work with SNEEK (because of the way SNEEK works, it interferes with it, like the cIOS). And like I said before, the DI-Module is always used for Backups via Softmods. The cIOS has a modified one in it, Darkcorp has modified DIs, and so does the latest SNEEK (and PUNEEK). There's no other way to load Backups via Softmod without a modified DI.

Now, DVD+HD at the same time is, as I said before, to my knowledge not possible. You can only have one (or only USB, I dunno what changed during the last weeks/months in SNEEK). So, again, either switch completely to USB, or stay with the old cIOS-method, which will give you what you want.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dose anyone know what verion of sneek pune used in his usb loaders. Even better anyone know what if any thing he change in the usb_boot2.bin or the di.bin files. I can make them but with out knowing the verion I am at a loss. I have got the new wiiflow R263 to load up in the new uneek with di R133. But no games yet just channels. That part was easy. But I thank what will take my a month to do most of you guys could do over night. But I will keep trying.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
@roy usmc

it was r72 of sneek

i have located files in wiiflow that need changed but i am just a new comer to programming so not exactly sure what needs to be changed but i know its not much

look in punes source under loader folder wdvd.c its the select game funtion it uses r72 di we need to rewrite it to include sneeks change to diconfig.bin thats where my prob begins

hope this helps i have working on this for about a week now

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flo said:

All you need to do is put the DI module you want to use in /sneek/di.bin and you'll be able to load burned games.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sneek has changed since i wrote the puneek stuff. crediar added the caching of all the game headers and stuff in the di config file. so, you can just read that file like any other one in the nand to get the gamelist. it will be much cleaner method, as it takes only 1 ipc request to get the data for every game, instead of 1 request for every game.

so, i would definitely use this method over the puneek method.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
sneek has changed since i wrote the puneek stuff. crediar added the caching of all the game headers and stuff in the di config file. so, you can just read that file like any other one in the nand to get the gamelist. it will be much cleaner method, as it takes only 1 ipc request to get the data for every game, instead of 1 request for every game.

Please I am begging you. Please save us alot of work for nothing and just show us what needs to be done. I am willing to try anything. But I am not a coder. And from what I have been able to do in a very short time I know this is something with all your years of codeing can be done in like a day or two. So please even if you don't want everyone to have the updated loader can you send it to me at [email protected] and the source so I can keep updating it. I will keep working on it to remove all the stuff the no longer need support like the alt ios stuff. Thanks for doing all the awsome work on this so far and thanks for any help you can do now.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
giantpune said:

Please I am begging you. Please save us alot of work for nothing and just show us what needs to be done. I am willing to try anything. But I am not a coder. And from what I have been able to do in a very short time I know this is something with all your years of codeing can be done in like a day or two. So please even if you don't want everyone to have the updated loader can you send it to me at [email protected] and the source so I can keep updating it. I will keep working on it to remove all the stuff the no longer need support like the alt ios stuff. Thanks for doing all the awsome work on this so far and thanks for any help you can do now.
So how about it giantpune care to make this work with the new wiiflow and the new sneek. From what I can see I know now why I am having such a hard time with this. We need a pro to make this work. We need you.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Royusmc said:
Royusmc said:
giantpune said:

So how about it giantpune care to make this work with the new wiiflow and the new sneek. From what I can see I know now why I am having such a hard time with this. We need a pro to make this work. We need you.
1) Don't double-post.
2) You know that sorgelig cleaned the SNEEK-Source, and added some new features, like loading .wbfs/.iso-Files from NTFS instead of FST/Unpacked Games, Loader-Support, etc.? He even updated his Uniiloader to support this, added an own HBC in it, be able to cheat, etc., so it's kinda what you want, right? Though he had to remove the downloads because he didn't released the source, which caused some nagging from other devs over GPL. So, if you can wait, maybe it will be released again with the source...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1