Hacking Unoffical -- USBloader_GX(S)

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
i am following the guide, which is actually quite handy, however as stated, my tv never actually recieves a signal from the wii. when started without the sd, it boots fine, but with, it just says [no signal] (tv says that with no input)... so, gonna try using my nand dump again, then try the "Smallest NAND possible for SNEEK" after that... hopefully ill have some luck soon.

btw; wii 4.2U (australian wii), preloader v0.3, bootmii boot2/ios... not that this changes anything.

-----

also:
QUOTE said:
3.2 + IOS30
3.3 + IOS50
3.4 + IOS50
4.0 + IOS 60
4.1 + IOS 60
4.2 + IOS 70

i assume this only means the IOS's not the system menu wads... or does it mean both? ie you need system menu 4.2, 4.1, 4.0... etc? cos im assuming only ios.
(also, i cant seem to add multiple SM's... so i also assume its only IOS's)

also, how do you know if they are non-stub... does nusd only show non-stubs.... i didnt thinks so... but not sure now.

-----

i also assume that the settings.txt is a file with funny symbols that mean something only to the wii, and compatable readers...

-----

sorry about constantly posting and re-editing but id like to figure this out

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overlord00 said:
i am following the guide, which is actually quite handy, however as stated, my tv never actually recieves a signal from the wii. when started without the sd, it boots fine, but with, it just says [no signal] (tv says that with no input)... so, gonna try using my nand dump again, then try the "Smallest NAND possible for SNEEK" after that... hopefully ill have some luck soon.

btw; wii 4.2U (australian wii), preloader v0.3, bootmii boot2/ios... not that this changes anything.

also:
QUOTE said:
3.2 + IOS30
3.3 + IOS50
3.4 + IOS50
4.0 + IOS 60
4.1 + IOS 60
4.2 + IOS 70

i assume this only means the IOS's not the system menu wads... or does it mean both? ie you need system menu 4.2, 4.1, 4.0... etc? cos im assuming only ios.
Regardless, have to have sd with the bootmii folder and armboot.bin from sneek to boot.
Priiloader I believe in some instances has to be configured properly if not set to default settings. anyone?? I never had a problem with it.
I didn't build my nand that way so all i can tell you is read the "essential files" link in the post that you deleted.

EDIT: if you can't understand that I suggest the easy way of dumping nand with bootmii and extract nand dump with showmiiwads also described in my guide.
As I've said before EVERYTHING everyone needs as far as a tut/guide is concerned is in my quick guide. It all just takes time, patience and reading.

Respectfully ChokeD

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
Regardless, have to have sd with the bootmii folder and armboot.bin from sneek to boot.
Priiloader I believe in some instances has to be configured properly if not set to default settings. anyone?? I never had a problem with it.
I didn't build my nand that way so all i can tell you is read the "essential files" link in the post that you deleted.

EDIT: if you can't understand that I suggest the easy way of dumping nand with bootmii and extract nand dump with showmiiwads also described in my guide.
As I've said before EVERYTHING everyone needs as far as a tut/guide is concerned is in my quick guide. It all just takes time, patience and reading.

Respectfully ChokeD

thank you, i will take this away and keep trying until i get somewhere differant... ill come back and complain some other time, but for now, ill let you guys have some time to chill, away from the likes of me and my questions...

thanks, catch you all soon

---
quick edit: i am a fucking idiot; didnt have the key, so didnt decrypt. *facepalm* - still not working anyway... must be doing something wrong before that

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can get the nand to boot and the games to show in modded gx and wiiflow but when I select a game I just get thrown back to the homebrew channel any Idea's ???

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
PizzaPino said:
that happens to me only with GX. but wiiflow can play games (actually just one for me...)
same here select any game and get prince of Persia every time
This was happening to me and I deleted the slot.bin file and created a .txt file renaming it to slot.bin and that fixed it.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for people having issues with the GX dol, try building it from teh source in there. theres a chance that the wrong dol got thrown in. if you get the same thing with that source then there might actually be an issue.

but luckily you have the code now and you can fix it.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ChokeD said:
This was happening to me and I deleted the slot.bin file and created a .txt file renaming it to slot.bin and that fixed it.

i dont even have a slot.bin file. if i create one, it doesnt even let me boot.
(my compiled version of wiiflow doesnt have the same size as the precompiled one, im gonna check it out this evening)

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I recompiled GX myself, and it still displays 3-4 copies of all games (except the last one in the list).

In addition, selecting a game still crashes it to the homebrew channel. If I exit to the system menu from there, the selected game does appear in the disc channel, however. I assume that's because before it crashes it's picking the game and then slot.bin is updated.

I'm going to test with a smaller subset of my games to see if it's something caused by the number or just how it's running on my system.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To update, with two games installed, using the same SD card, and the same NAND dump (though different USB drives), the two games both show properly. Their names only appear once. However, when trying to play the game, it still brings me back to the homebrew channel when using GX.

Wiiflow appears to be working though.

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, is everyone using neeks r72, or newer?

Cause i'm having a problem.

When starting up, i get the heath screen, sync the remote, push A, and then the system just hangs.

When i load a clean sneeks with current (r87) the nand loads up fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1