Hacking Unmodded Wii with 3.4e Firmware any help???

sixxdog_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

Very new to all this Wii hacking stuff , so please bear with me.

I have a new Wii , PAL which is updated to 3.4e firmware.

I'd like to play homebrew and backups , but as far as i can tell the Zelda hack does not work on 3.4e firmware.

Is there a softmod to work with this firmware or am i in a situation where i have to use a mod chip?

Many Thanks

6D

Kyosys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even if you had a modchip, seeing as how trucha is patched in that version, you couldn't do anything.

sixxdog_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kyosys said:
Even if you had a modchip, seeing as how trucha is patched in that version, you couldn't do anything.

Thanks for the info.. sorry to sound dumb , but what is "Trucha" ??

Also am i correct in saying that there is NO WAY to run backups from my wii now even with a mod chip?

Thanks again.

Sixx

sixxdog_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
A modchip would allow you to play backups (with better support than a softmod), but homebrew is a no-go for now.

Ahh thats great news , as it's a new model of wii , i think i'll need a wasbii v2 ?? afaik.

am i also right in saying that unless i have an epoxy coated mobo , i can use a wiiclip with a wasbii v2?

Many Thanks to you all.

Sixx

sixxdog_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
A modchip would allow you to play backups (with better support than a softmod), but homebrew is a no-go for now.

Gotcha , i guess the homebrew problem is that 3.4e checks and deletes unauthorised save files?

Im catching up , hehe...errr i think
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol