GilmourD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks,

If there is no SD card installed. You could try putting a disc in see what happens. But unfortunately since it isn't modded it does look like it is a goner
Fortunately, in complaining about it to my brother, he said he has the Wii he had for his kids that he replaced with a Wii U cuz they wanted newer games. So I'm grabbing that off him. Actually, I'm about to run out the door to grab it. I'm gonna mod that one. :)

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Fortunately, in complaining about it to my brother, he said he has the Wii he had for his kids that he replaced with a Wii U cuz they wanted newer games. So I'm grabbing that off him. Actually, I'm about to run out the door to grab it. I'm gonna mod that one. :)

Do you know how to mod a Wii? ModMii cannot be used anymore since the links it uses for it's built-in apps and tools are outdated. You'll need to run the command line Wilbrand.exe file to install the Homebrew Channel, too. I can send you links in a PM if you want.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know how to mod a Wii? ModMii cannot be used anymore since the links it uses for it's built-in apps and tools are outdated. You'll need to run the command line Wilbrand.exe file to install the Homebrew Channel, too. I can send you links in a PM if you want.

That is absolutely false, both the notion that ModMii is not usable or outdated and that WiiBrand is required.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
That is absolutely false, both the notion that ModMii is not usable or outdated and that WiiBrand is required.
If he doesn't use Wilbrand, he'll almost certainly need to purchase an exploitable game. Also, when I used a fresh install of ModMii to softmod my BootMii->boot2 compatible Wii about a month ago, it kept failing when it tried to download 'wilbrand.exe'. Downloading channels and IOS works fine, but some cIOS and cMIOS fail to download with error 404, as well as Multi Mod Manager downloads.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he doesn't use Wilbrand, he'll almost certainly need to purchase an exploitable game. Also, when I used a fresh install of ModMii to softmod my BootMii->boot2 compatible Wii about a month ago, it kept failing when it tried to download 'wilbrand.exe'. Downloading channels and IOS works fine, but some cIOS and cMIOS fail to download with error 404, as well as Multi Mod Manager downloads.

Bannerbomb works fine for <4.3 and Letterbomb does for 4.3 itself. Neither require a game.

It's possible when you used ModMii that wherever WiiBrand was being hosted was down but it's definitely not oudated or unusable. I use it multiple times a week.

Also, if you've still got an old version of ModMii from when it was on Google Code it can't update itself anymore as the service is shut down.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Bannerbomb works fine for <4.3 and Letterbomb does for 4.3 itself. Neither require a game.

It's possible when you used ModMii that wherever WiiBrand was being hosted was down but it's definitely not oudated or unusable. I use it multiple times a week.

Also, if you've still got an old version of ModMii from when it was on Google Code it can't update itself anymore as the service is shut down.

I was using an old version. My bad. :|

GilmourD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I've got BootMii and HBC installed. The longest part of it was reformatting the SDHC card I had in my video camera to use for the Wii (block sizes weren't default). It's late and I have work in the morning so this will continue... Maybe tomorrow. LOL

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii with the exact same problem.

I had it modded with Priiloader so was able to get into HBC.

Tried reinstalling the 4.3 system menu with Dop Mii and it didn't work, same system files corrupted error on startup.

Was able to get into maintenance mode and that ran ok.

Tried installing 4.2, 4.1, 4.0, 3.4... each time when it came back on and I pressed A it gave the system files corrupted error.

If anyone has any ideas on which IOS may be corrupted please let me know, I would love to get this old Wii fixed.

TIA.

Edit:

I read that one of the problems was a corrupted icon in a channel so I removed them all..

I used Any Title Deleter to remove all channels but it still comes up with the system files corrupted error. Reinstalled the Mii, Photo, Forecast and News channels and still no luck.

This is a real PITA.

Edit 2:

Did a system format and it gives the corrupted files error after selecting the date. Carp, now Priiloader won't come up. Ugh

Edit 3:

Found if I pressed the buttons very fast I could get past the setup and to the point where it asks to press A to continue and then gives the system files corrupted error. From there I was able to use SSBB to reinstall HBC and Priiloader. Phew. At least I can autoboot into a USB loader but I would love to fix it so I could get to the main channel menu.

Last edited by bostonBC,

LordOrwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in the land of GameStop... :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is what it looks like around me:

View attachment 80413

I called Digital Press and they're selling them used for $59.99.

If I found one for $25 I'd jump on it today, but that doesn't seem to be happening.
keep looking. xbox 360 systems are going for $50 now. There are two places near me that have them like that. Heck i have two myself i don't even use, both modded. (one has a bad drive but supports usb drive)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto