ROM Hack Unlauncher stuck on blank screen?

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When booting up my dsi it automatically boots to unlauncher but with no options on it, it's empty. I can see the weird lady in the back and everything, there just aren't any options to do anything or click anything. I managed to get twilight working before this happened, can anyone help? I'm usually bad with stuff like this and I just followed a tutorial but I think I did something wrong. unlauncher.png unlauncher.png

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did, I reformatted it with sd card formatter and put the stuff back in my sd card again but it didn't work, still boots to an empty unlauncher.
also why can't i reply directly? keeps telling me it's spam lol?

Last edited by Dativa,
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I did, I reformatted it with sd card formatter and put the stuff back in my sd card again but it didn't work, still boots to an empty unlauncher.
also why can't i reply directly? keeps telling me it's spam lol?

Is it a microSD Card Adapter or a regular SD Card please ?
How is the Size of it Size please ?
How is it Formatted and with with Tool please ?

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.:)

Is it a microSD Card Adapter or a regular SD Card please ?
How is the Size of it Size please ?
How is it Forrmatted and with with Tool please ?

Thank you.:)
It's a micro sd card adapter, I was wondering if that would make it not work but it seemed like it was working
It's 16gb
I formatted it with both the windows formatter and with the SD Card Formatter that was linked previously on this thread, it's still stuck on empty unlaunch menu :/

Reactions: Alexander1970

Nikokaro

An aphorism a day to improve...my profile
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it only Unlaunch that doesn't work, or also TWLMenu++? With only the latter you can already play GBA, NES, GB, NDS etc. roms. If this doesn't work either, you've bricked your console, sorry.:sad:
Did you make a backup of the original firmware, as recommended in the cfw tutorial? If you have, follow the tutorial instructions on how to remedy this problem.

I always recommend not to install Unlaunch, because it is not essential and has a moderate risk of damaging the internal DSi software.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a micro sd card adapter, I was wondering if that would make it not work but it seemed like it was working
It's 16gb
Micro SD cards are fine. A different adapter might make a difference, but I don't know
Is it only Unlaunch that doesn't work, or also TWLMenu++? With only the latter you can already play GBA, NES, GB, NDS etc. roms. If this doesn't work either, you've bricked your console, sorry.:sad:
What makes you say that?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What makes you say that?
This is just my guess, not a certainty.
He said that before installing Unlaunch, TWL++ worked. So I'm guessing it doesn't work now. However it is up to him to answer.
As I'm sure you know, he's not the first person who has bricked his DSi by installing Unlaunch.
I hope for his sake that I'm wrong.:)

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: banjo2

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is just my guess, not a certainty.
He said that before installing Unlaunch, TWL++ worked. So I'm guessing it doesn't work now. However it is up to him to answer.
As I'm sure you know, he's not the first person who has bricked his DSi by installing Unlaunch.
I hope for his sake that I'm wrong.:)
I see
I think what he meant was that he was able to get to TWiLight Menu++ (via Memory Pit) but now it goes straight to Unlaunch, with this issue of course
Since Unlaunch bricks are usually just black screens, he should still be able to do everything normally by ejecting his SD card on startup (so that the filemenu becomes visible), then proceeding with Launcher or Camera and putting the SD card back in

Reactions: Nikokaro

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see
I think what he meant was that he was able to get to TWiLight Menu++ (via Memory Pit) but now it goes straight to Unlaunch, with this issue of course
Since Unlaunch bricks are usually just black screens, he should still be able to do everything normally by ejecting his SD card on startup (so that the filemenu becomes visible), then proceeding with Launcher or Camera and putting the SD card back in
Yep, it's not a black screen. It's only a black screen if I only turn the console on, but if i do A+power then it opens on blank unlaunch
I also didn't use Memory Pit since my camera crashes whenever I do the tutorial, I used Lenny. I have removed the SD Card and formatted it multiple times but nothing worked, it keeps going blank. I've tried another card as well and there were actual options on the unlauncher menu so it worked, but it literally only showed anything the first time, then it was back to blank again.
You mentioned proceeding with launcher but I can't even get to it, it always autoboots to unlauncher no matter what.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you make a backup of the original firmware, as recommended in the cfw tutorial? If you have, follow the tutorial instructions on how to remedy this problem.

I always recommend not to install Unlaunch, because it is not essential and has a moderate risk of damaging the internal DSi software.
It's not that twilight++ doesn't work, I just can't access it.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You mentioned proceeding with launcher but I can't even get to it, it always autoboots to unlauncher no matter what
If you don't insert the SD card and turn on the console, does the normal DSi menu appear? Or does it give a black screen? Maybe you could at least use a flashcart: there are very cheap but efficient ones...:)

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you don't insert the SD card and turn on the console, does the normal DSi menu appear? Or does it give a black screen? Maybe you could at least use a flashcart: there are very cheap but efficient ones...:)
Wait, you're onto something. When i remove my sd card, the menu isn't blank anymore but when I put it in then unlauncher is blank again for some reason?
https://i.imgur.com/pNcTkYm.mp4 this is what happens

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you're onto something. When i remove my sd card, the menu isn't blank anymore but when I put it in then unlauncher is blank again for some reason?
https://i.imgur.com/pNcTkYm.mp4 this is what happens
That's what I was saying originally:
he should still be able to do everything normally by ejecting his SD card on startup (so that the filemenu becomes visible), then proceeding with Launcher or Camera and putting the SD card back in
Though in hindsight, I wasn't clear. Sorry about that.
I've tried another card as well and there were actual options on the unlauncher menu so it worked, but it literally only showed anything the first time, then it was back to blank again.
Interesting, did you try formatting that card as well?

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's what I was saying originally:

Though in hindsight, I wasn't clear. Sorry about that.

Interesting, did you try formatting that card as well?
yep I did. I also did what you said and plugged in my sd card and I go into flipnote to try and do lenny but it doesn't read the card, says 'sd card cannot be used'. Also another thing, plugging in my sd card when on the unlauncher menu with options instantly makes it empty lol
Maybe this means the sd card is dead? Which is very weird because windows reads it fine, and both of them worked fine on my phone. I ran the first sd card through h2testw and it said it was faulty but it was literally working fine. Maybe the ds is somehow killing my sd cards? don't know

Last edited by Dativa,

CoolMe

.. Days'd & con'fused ..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep I did. I also did what you said and plugged in my sd card and I go into flipnote to try and do lenny but it doesn't read the card, says 'sd card cannot be used'. Also another thing, plugging in my sd card when on the unlauncher menu with options instantly makes it empty lol
Maybe this means the sd card is dead? Which is very weird because windows reads it fine, and both of them worked fine on my phone. I ran the first sd card through h2testw and it said it was faulty but it was literally working fine. Maybe the ds is somehow killing my sd cards? don't know
If h2testw says it's faulty then it's faulty. And you should replace it ASAP if you're serious on try to fix this issue.

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If h2testw says it's faulty then it's faulty. And you should replace it ASAP if you're serious on try to fix this issue.
Yeah, I know. It's just weird how two of my sd cards that seemingly work fine on other stuff don't work on the ds. I'll see if I get a new one Monday or if I'll just opt in for an r4.

CoolMe

.. Days'd & con'fused ..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know. It's just weird how two of my sd cards that seemingly work fine on other stuff don't work on the ds. I'll see if I get a new one Monday or if I'll just opt in for an r4.
Fake cards will start corrupting files the moment you exceed the true storage limit of the SD card, that's why it's best to change it completely.

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fake cards will start corrupting files the moment you exceed the true storage limit of the SD card, that's why it's best to change it completely.
They 100% aren't fake, I've been using them for a while. Plus h2testw verified the size, as 16gbs.

Dativa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So apparently I got it working. All I did was switch the SD card from unlocked, to locked, and then back to unlocked and now it's reading fine. Super fucking weird but thank you all for the help, was all thanks to you.

Reactions: banjo2
General chit-chat
Help Users
    RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing: What model Switch do you have? If you have a launch-model Switch, then you can do the really...