Hacking Uninstallin Preloader .29

BRYAN4D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently installed Preloader .29 ..... but now i want to take it off because i dont need it since i have bootmii as boot2... Anyway i can uninstallin it?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well although you don't really need to uninstall it cause they both can co-exist, you can use the NAND Cleaner posted in the "Preloader Guide" (see the stickies) to erase it from your unit...!!
smile.gif

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just keep it ! If you get a banner brick, it's much easier to recover with preloader.
Plus you get to keep your savefiles.
Nand backup restores everything from the point you made the backup.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Well although you don't really need to uninstall it cause they both can co-exist, you can use the NAND Cleaner posted in the "Preloader Guide" (see the stickies) to erase it from your unit...!!
smile.gif

You'll need to re-install your System Menu first. That would erase preloader. NAND Cleaner will remove the bits and pieces left behind. Well, at least that's what i did. But do check the guides as Ether said.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Just keep it ! If you get a banner brick, it's much easier to recover with preloader.
Bootmii -> HBC or preloader (hold restet button) -> HBC... I think i prefer bootmii on that one

QUOTE(WalkerOfTheDay @ Jul 25 2009, 08:46 PM) Nand backup restores everything from the point you made the backup.
This is a very good reason to use preloader, but still bootmii -> HBC -> ...

Its not because its bootmii that the only recovery is the nand backup
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative