Hacking Undo changes by Backup Creator (Waninko)

martijnaikema

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have been using Waninko's Backup Creator on a couple of iso's that I burned to discs. Now I recently bought a USB-harddisk so I want to copy the iso's to my USB-harddisk. Is it possible to undo the changes done by the Backup Creator so that I can use compressed iso's?

I did a search at GBAtemp but could not find the answer. I hope someone can help me out.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would'nt change any ISO's. Leave em as is.
Your external hard drive will load and play them fine, using WBFS Manager 3.0, install this on your computer. then use the software to copy ISO's to your external drive.
WBFS will compress the iso anyway, (Wii sports resort iso is 4.37, WBFS will make it 980mb, in that area).
Most games are not the full 4.37GB.
I play discs and USB drive, and both work fine.
I use USB loader GX.
Also update your cIOS to rev14 if needed.
Loaders now don't need patched games anymore to play.

martijnaikema

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Off course this was the first thing I tried. But when I open the patched files in WBFS Manager, I get all kind of strange signs and the estimated file size for all files is 0,02 GB. When I copy them to my USB drive I get an error that the file allready exists, but when I load the drive again it is not there. Seems like WBFS does not recognize the files. Wish I would have saved the original iso's.... :S

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just take your burned discs and copy those as iso's onto your computer, then copy them back onto your external drive.
I do that with all of mine that I have'nt saved..............
just use imageburn to create image from disc option, then burn as a iso image for each game you did'nt save.....

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, he's referring to the old method of backup ripping where you burnt decrypted games to a disc instead of straight ISOs. There's some utility that can turn those back into normal ISOs. Search around for a thread on reconverting decrypted backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o