Undertale's Toby Fox composed music for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

dsadasd.jpg

On the heels of the new trailer for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, Undertale creator Toby Fox has revealed he's been working on it as well. Fox composed the field music for the game, as well as a few more tracks.

Fox has an ongoing relationship with Game Freak, having been the primary composer for their 2020 title Little Town Hero, as well as contributing a song to the post-game Battle Tower in Pokémon Sword and Shield (referencing this, Fox boasts that his music in Scarlet and Violet is "not optional"). According to Fox, this relationship began because Game Freak were huge fans of Undertale and one day he noticed that Go Ichinose, the main composer for the Pokémon series, followed him on Twitter, which opened up a line of communication between the two.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet will release on November 18.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
having been the primary composer for their 2020 title Little Town Hero
Huh, I haven't heard of that at all. Seems reviews have been rather middling.

I still think it would be cool if Sans turns up in the new Live-A-Live remake, on account of Megalomania borrowing heavily from one of the tunes in the original OST.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I haven't heard of that at all. Seems reviews have been rather middling.

I still think it would be cool if Sans turns up in the new Live-A-Live remake, on account of Megalomania borrowing heavily from one of the tunes in the original OST.
It was a somewhat weak game. For younger analytical audiences to help train their brains some. Slow paced, rock-paper-scissors'ish. Been a while, played it at launch, but it was... okay. More of a 'watch a playthrough and skip around' type game though if you're an adult.

Reactions: apaltado

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I played quite a bit of Little Town Hero and I'd forgotten he made the soundtrack for it.
Decent game, the soundtrack was by far the best part.

If he composed the field music, does that mean he composed all of it? Pokemon games typically have a lot of different field music, every route gets its own track.
I hope he composed some of the battle music.

Kinda excited to hear the music he came up with.

Which Homestuck song lietmotif will he sneak in this time?

Those sound way different to me.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Without knowing that I hated the main theme arrangement on the trailer, fely really dull, now that I know I will pretend that it is awesome :ha:
He's going to do the Field Theme and I assume some tracks for the optional stuff so you can continue disliking the main theme lol

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If he composed the field music, does that mean he composed all of it? Pokemon games typically have a lot of different field music, every route gets its own track.
I hope he composed some of the battle music.
He says in his Tweet that Game Freak made several different arrangements of his melody, so maybe it'll get reused for a lot of the routes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o