'Uncharted' movie release date postponed

uncharted movie.jpg
The live action movie adaptation of Uncharted has had its release date pushed back. Initially planned for a 2020 launch then pushed to July 16 this year, the movie starring Tom Holland as a young Nathan Drake will now premier on February 11th, 2022. The news come from a recent Sony Pictures announcement about the new premiere dates for some of its upcoming movies.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I hope they'll cancel it. 'games' themselves lacked not only in gameplay part, which was extremely primitive and mediocre, but scripts were nothing more than bunch of crappy old cliches. Old man dies twice, but first it was bullet that stuck in a book, and second it was just a dream. For realz? What abysmal writing is this?

Reactions: yoyoyo69

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Probably for the best. I'm guessing most live-action movies that were filmed last year will end up disjointed and underwhelming in the final cut. Much like Wonder Woman '84. Then again, that failure may have simply been par for the course where DC is concerned.

Last edited by Xzi,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess Tom Holland at least looks the part. Still, this is like taking MGS and turning it into a movie; the games themselves could be movies. And as for Snatcher and Policenauts, they could be books with how much the characters have to say about everything in those games!

Reactions: Sumasuun

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I hope they'll cancel it. 'games' themselves lacked not only in gameplay part, which was extremely primitive and mediocre, but scripts were nothing more than bunch of crappy old cliches. Old man dies twice, but first it was bullet that stuck in a book, and second it was just a dream. For realz? What abysmal writing is this?
i see youre not fond of classics.

Reactions: pustal

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
I guess Tom Holland at least looks the part. Still, this is like taking MGS and turning it into a movie; the games themselves could be movies. And as for Snatcher and Policenauts, they could be books with how much the characters have to say about everything in those games!
MGS is still getting turned into a movie... I'm still very skeptic as to how it'll turn out...

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MGS is still getting turned into a movie... I'm still very skeptic as to how it'll turn out...

This isn't MGS Philantrophy, right? Because last I checked that was a fan project that had something going on back in the day (I think I remember a teaser/trailer was posted to YT, like, late 2000's going into the early 2010's).

Either way, imagine trying to adapt something like this to the silver screen:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
This isn't MGS Philantrophy, right? Because last I checked that was a fan project that had something going on back in the day (I think I remember a teaser/trailer was posted to YT, like, late 2000's going into the early 2010's).

Either way, imagine trying to adapt something like this to the silver screen:

Philantrophy was a fan movie (and not too bad even). There was supposed to be a part 2 but got the good ol' C&D. This one is an officially-licensed one that's coming sometime, maybe with director of Kong: Skull Island who's also openly a gamer and fan of the MGS series (and also discussed the film with Kojima). He also has a cameo in Death Stranding.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Philantrophy was a fan movie (and not too bad even). There was supposed to be a part 2 but got the good ol' C&D. This one is an officially-licensed one that's coming sometime, maybe with director of Kong: Skull Island who's also openly a gamer and fan of the MGS series (and also discussed the film with Kojima). He also has a cameo in Death Stranding.

Oh, they actually finished it?

Too bad about the C&D, though given what we know about Konami nowadays, can't say I'm terribly surprised.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Oh, they actually finished it?

Too bad about the C&D, though given what we know about Konami nowadays, can't say I'm terribly surprised.
Full video of Part 1 here:

Trailer for Part 2:

Details quoted from description:

In 2009, Hive Division released "MGS Philanthropy", a 70 minutes movie based on the Metal Gear saga by Hideo Kojima. In 2013, Hive started planning a sequel, "MGS Philanthropy - Part 2". The project, unfortunately, in October 2014 came to a halt due to licensing issues.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Have you finished your amazing book yet?

Oh wait.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is one of the few times where the movie stands a very good chance of being better than the game, but I doubt I'd like the movie much either.

Randy Steele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still kinda chuckle when I see Tom Holland as Nathan Drake. He looks ridiculous. I'd totally 100% buy him as a younger 19-21 year old Drake maybe but he looks way too young and boyish to pull off any of his incarnations from the games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over