Premiere date for 'Borderlands' live-action movie adaptation announced

borderlands movie.jpg

After being in a film development hell of sorts, the live-action adaptation of the Borderlands movie has an official premiere date. Directed by Eli Roth and starring Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Ariana Greenblatt, Florian Munteanu, and Jamie Lee Curtis the movie has been given a release date for August 9th, 2024. The announcement came from the official Twitter account:

However, no trailer or stills were made available; so we'll have to wait some more before our first look at the adaptation.

:arrow: SOURCE

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the Jumanji movies. Easily the best part of both. Jack Black is a damn comedic genius and Hart has the facial and body expression.

Great duo.
Exactly. Jack Black as Bowser was hilarious too and he did a really good job on that!

Not to mention that Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) played in Jumanji too. It made for a even better movie. Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson are golden in themselfs. Let alone in one movie.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's with everyone in Hollywood going "Okay. We're fresh out of ideas. BUT VIDEOGAMES!"
Like... at maybe consider making animated movies? Smh.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What's with everyone in Hollywood going "Okay. We're fresh out of ideas. BUT VIDEOGAMES!"
Like... at maybe consider making animated movies? Smh.
Well we are in the middle of a writers' strike. Gonna be nothing but slop after the movies that had previously wrapped filming all get released.

Reactions: HellGhast and Vorde

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, apparently, you now can't have a videogame movie adaptation if Jack Black isn't involved. Which is great, if you ask me.
If it meant trying to save it, he should also be in that Gran Turismo movie which looks like boring ass garbage. 🤣

The first trailer was "okay" then the second was released and it got worse...

They really are trying to hyping it up.

Reactions: Xzi

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it meant trying to save it, he should also be in that Gran Turismo movie which looks like boring ass garbage. 🤣

The first trailer was "okay" then the second was released and it got worse...

They really are trying to hyping it up.

It'll never be as good as Sony's Playstation 3's mascot's racing movie!

1690069828332.png

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually didn't hate that. Granted, it looks mostly like 'David Harbour Yelling, The Movie' but I'd rather watch that than another Fast and Furious/Transformers movie.
Before any trailers were released I had high hopes, expected something similar to Ford v Ferrari and... This definitely ain't gonna come close.

I guess if I think of GT as a "TV Movie" then it's probably "not that bad" since that's what I did to Creed 3 (nowhere near as good as the first two, but entertaining as a "TV Movie"). Or Straight to DVD / Streaming, it's all the same thing more or less.

2023 is not a good year for movies, overall. I even forgot Shazam 2 came out (I really liked the first one because it's the guy who played Chuck and he was funny). 😅

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
2023 is not a good year for movies, overall. I even forgot Shazam 2 came out (I really liked the first one because it's the guy who played Chuck and he was funny). 😅
Obviously they did zero marketing for it, first I'm hearing of it lol. At least Guardians of the Galaxy 3 finished out strong, and ranks among my top three trilogies (Nolan's Batman and LoTR being the other two).

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Borderlands… Borderlands? BORDERLANDS!? I can’t imagine how this would work, but I’m willing to give it a chance… It’s a world that is so open ended you can do pretty much anything with it and it could still work..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?