Hacking [Uncensor] Project Zero: Maiden Of Black Water

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First... Thanks for all the hard work @Elusivo!
I'm hoping once you get everything more stable, you can edit the OP with a more comprehensive set of instructions.
Right now, I'm sitting with USA eShop game and DLC (both encrypted) on my PC. I understand the decryption process, but I'm curious if the DLC should be applied before or after the patches are applied.
Also... If we want to install to USB, without using the python method, what is the best process?
According to the NUSPacker OP, we should not "even think about trying to install [repacked files] on sysnand, only use it on rednand!" So, once decrypted, it doesn't appear to be safe to re-pack for use on USB/SysNAND, right?
It just seems like there are several methods people are using to get this patched, and I'd really like to avoid doing it three times and potentially bricking my Wii U.
Thanks, again!

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@TiMeBoMb4u2 Tks and i'm hoping it's already stable, not sure if somebody with any nus dled version tried the patches, or if the reports some posts back are all from extracted files from the wiiu tho...

Hm, i have just been using loadiine to work with this game and i never installed it on usb nor downloaded it from NUS, but from what i understand the so called dlc is nothing more but the rest of the files to make the game complete. So going from there, i am assuming you have to decrypt everything first, hoping that after you decrypt all the files in ur pc that u will be presented with the full +- 3.5GB archive00.lnk and a compatible rpx to patch, but like i said, i dun have enough reports to be sure yet, if you don't end up with a full archive00 file then u probly will have to 1st install in wiiu and then extract the files from the wiiu (or if the file is split in pc, simply concatenate them or something). I'll get a copy from NUS at some point and try out that process.

So since u already have it all in your pc, if i were you i would decrypt everything and see what i end up with and report back, it would be very helpful ^^
You can also try the patches on the decrypted files, if the files are not correct it will give you a checksum error, so no problems there.

With sig patches on sysnand this game installed from nuspacker files does play without any problem i think.

Last edited by Elusivo,

darkvam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what you described above yesterday. Decrypted the main NUS game to patch the rpx and archive00 files. Repacked with NUSpacker.

Then decrypted the NUS JPN download to get the bikini video file. Then decrypted NUS DLC and replaced the censored video file with the JPN video file. Then repacked the DLC with NUSpacker.

Finally I transferred the repacked NUS game and dlc to SD to install with wupinstaller y mod.

Im booting CBHC 1.4 sysnand so I assumed I was good to go but the game loaded briefly. It crashes and gives me an error about the USB hard drive. I deleted the game cuz its obviously corrupted. I'll try again tonight. I probably mixed up files when patching or do not know how to use NUSpacker correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ok, so the nus files aren't a problem then. So the main game which only has 3 chapters or so has the full archive00.lnk file?
Maybe you can copy the "dlc" files over to the game folder or something and then repack?

So nuspacker is unconfirmed from nus files for now... lol what a mess they did.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the NUSPacker OP, we should not "even think about trying to install [repacked files] on sysnand, only use it on rednand!" So, once decrypted, it doesn't appear to be safe to re-pack for use on USB/SysNAND, right?
It is perfectly safe to install nuspacked stuff to sysnand. that was posted before sysnand was commonly used.

lordhell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did what you described above yesterday. Decrypted the main NUS game to patch the rpx and archive00 files. Repacked with NUSpacker.

Then decrypted the NUS JPN download to get the bikini video file. Then decrypted NUS DLC and replaced the censored video file with the JPN video file. Then repacked the DLC with NUSpacker.

Finally I transferred the repacked NUS game and dlc to SD to install with wupinstaller y mod.

Im booting CBHC 1.4 sysnand so I assumed I was good to go but the game loaded briefly. It crashes and gives me an error about the USB hard drive. I deleted the game cuz its obviously corrupted. I'll try again tonight. I probably mixed up files when patching or do not know how to use NUSpacker correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had the very same problem here.

1. I had the USA Eshop installed on my HDD
2. Patched the archive00 from a EUR version (EUR DISC) and copied this patched version to the HDD over the USA eshop (via python method).
3. Copied the usa rpx instaled from USB (via python method) then patched with uncensor v3 usa version.
4. Copied the rpx patched to the usb hdd (via python method).

using iosuhax, i tried to boot then it crashes and gives me an error about the USB hard drive. =/

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the very same problem here.

1. I had the USA Eshop installed on my HDD
2. Patched the archive00 from a EUR version (EUR DISC) and copied this patched version to the HDD over the USA eshop (via python method).
3. Copied the usa rpx instaled from USB (via python method) then patched with uncensor v3 usa version.
4. Copied the rpx patched to the usb hdd (via python method).

using iosuhax, i tried to boot then it crashes and gives me an error about the USB hard drive. =/

Try what I did, patch the EUR game (disc ver.) then replace the EUR Code, meta folder (don't replace lens5 file) for the USA code, meta folder and when you install it the game will be installed as PZV USA version.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just checked nus and wow lol so the usa release makes you guys get the entire almost 7GB game just to play 3 chapters, and then you have to get an additional 8GB DLC which is even bigger than the entire game? O.O must be one of the most stupid releases... what's the purpose of that?...

So, can you guys decrypt the dlc? is there only one rpx for usa in the initial game download, or does the dlc also comes with an rpx to replace the 1st or something? If it has then i just might have to yet do another patch for usa <_<

Meh

darkvam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked nus and wow lol so the usa release makes you guys get the entire almost 7GB game just to play 3 chapters, and then you have to get an additional 8GB DLC which is even bigger than the entire game? O.O must be one of the most stupid releases... what's the purpose of that?...

So, can you guys decrypt the dlc? is there only one rpx for usa in the initial game download, or does the dlc also comes with an rpx to replace the 1st or something? If it has then i just might have to yet do another patch for usa <_<

Meh

There is only one rpx in the initial game download.

Try what I did, patch the EUR game (disc ver.) then replace the EUR Code, meta folder (don't replace lens5 file) for the USA code, meta folder and when you install it the game will be installed as PZV USA version.
I'm in the process of doing this right now. Patching the EUR or USA NUS files always gave me the USB error.

edit: Can confirm Mizo's method worked. I'm glad I finally got the patch working. I wish I would have tried it this way sooner but I didn't want to look for the Disc files.

Last edited by darkvam,

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is only one rpx in the initial game download.

I'm in the process of doing this right now. Patching the EUR or USA NUS files always gave me the USB error.

edit: Can confirm Mizo's method worked. I'm glad I finally got the patch working. I wish I would have tried it this way sooner but I didn't want to look for the Disc files.
ok, so it gives the usb error even with sig patches right?
The patch i do on the rpxs is only related to the models so if anything failed it would when the game tried to load them, must be something else going on...

I will do some more tests.

Meh

STANirvanaIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't NUSpacker assume a 50000 folder when you (re)encrypt? So re-encrypting the DLC for the USA version (which should be in the 5000c folder) would get placed instead in the 50000 folder where the eShop versions wouldn't know to read it from. Not sure if that's the case but I had some issues repacking TMS #FE with the restoration patch the first time (freeze on the Title screen), tried it again with the USA eshop decrypted version and it worked like a charm after install. Version 3 with USA NUS files appears to work fine for me with manual replacement via WUP Client GUI.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@STANirvanaIND So with the patched usa rpx u got it working by replacing the files manually after 1st installing the normal unpatched game? It would make sense ^^
Just confirm me this and i'll update op with that info :) (i still dun have the nus games to test)

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The path of the USA version is:
/storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/101d0600/code/lens5_cafe.rpx
/storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/101d060/content/archive00.lnk

At least that's what I patched and give me USB error...
I had the full game installed at the time, replaced the patched files manualy via FTPiiU, I wonder what's the problem... @STANirvanaIND, @Elusivo

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The path of the USA version is:
/storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/101d0600/code/lens5_cafe.rpx
/storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/101d060/content/archive00.lnk

At least that's what I patched and give me USB error...
I had the full game installed at the time, replaced the patched files manualy via FTPiiU, I wonder what's the problem... @STANirvanaIND, @Elusivo

So you have the dlc installed but don't have a 5000c folder?

Meh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq