Homebrew Unbrick magnet question

Maishul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just ordered the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, but it doesn't come with a magnet, which I know is required for an unbrick [the full process I still need to find] does it need to be a specific kind of magnet, or will any do? Thank you.

Maishul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any magnet should be fine, but you would probably find it easier with a small round one. Much like you get on fridge magnets.
Alright, thank you very much. Not to derail too much, but I assume I put NTRBoot on the flashcard, and using the magnet and cart in some way, get this thing to boot?

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
You need to first make sure the flash card has been set up for NTR boot and then have the right files on your memory card that is in your 3DS. Put the magnet in the sweet spot (you can find this by turning it on first and seeing where the magnet makes it go into sleep mode) and turn the 3DS on holding down Start, Select and X. If done right, the installer should load.

Maishul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to first make sure the flash card has been set up for NTR boot and then have the right files on your memory card that is in your 3DS. Put the magnet in the sweet spot (you can find this by turning it on first and seeing where the magnet makes it go into sleep mode) and turn the 3DS on holding down Start, Select and X. If done right, the installer should load.
It boots into a black screen, so I'm not sure how to find out if it's in sleep mode.

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
Ah of course, sorry. Normally I find the sweet spot for my N3DS XL is between the A and B buttons. For my N3DS and N2DSXL it works better putting the magnet on top of the B button

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
if you want to know that ntrboot works initially (without the files required on the 3ds sd card) is it will boot with 3 light blink and shutoff it self, that means that ntrboot did not find the boot.firm on your sd card and shutsdown.

if you cant trigger that, it either the ntrboot flashcart is not working or the magnet is not strong enough to trigger the sleep mode. I have neodymium magnets that I salvaged from old hard drives and its so strong that few inches away on 3ds it triggers the sleep mode.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?