How to restart the firm injection process with R4 ?

Bertin07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello Team

I was trying to execute the magnethax firm , after the injection process i tried to enter godmode but no sucess , the console started normally again because the magnet was not in the correct place, then a switch off and tried again to enter god mode with the magnet and the bottom sequence but no sucess, the blue light just fades, i noticed my 3ds is not recongnizing the r4 anymore, how can i fix the issue with the r4 in order to do everyting again from scratch ? i'm doing something wrong in the process?

Im running 11.17 on old 3ds model ctr-s-usz-c0
R4 gold wood
previously the r4 was running fine with the right kernel files in place, after running the dump and firmware injection im not able to recognize the r4, how can i fixit? or was the problem trying to load godmode?

Thanks

Last edited by Bertin07,

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When most r4 cards are flashed for ntrboot they are unable to be used an r4 card. To restore it's original functionality just restore the dump.

You say it won't load godmode9, but most guides would suggest flashing b9s to the card. Then you would put the boot.firm from safeb9sinstaller in the root of the sd card. What did you flash to the r4 card?
What boot.firm is in the root of your sd card?

Bertin07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
When most r4 cards are flashed for ntrboot they are unable to be used an r4 card. To restore it's original functionality just restore the dump.

You say it won't load godmode9, but most guides would suggest flashing b9s to the card. Then you would put the boot.firm from safeb9sinstaller in the root of the sd card. What did you flash to the r4 card?
Hello User154

Thanks for the answer, how can i restore the dump to the R4?

There is a file called R4iGold3DS-backup.bin in F:\ntrboot also there is another file called ntboot like log file with the following :

[INFO]: R4iGold: Init
[NOTICE]: R4iGold: HW Revision = a5a5a5a5
[NOTICE]: R4iGold: HW Type = b7db5bb5
[INFO]: R4iGold: Injecting ntrboot
[INFO]: R4iGold: readFlash(addr=0x00000000, size=0x10000)
[INFO]: R4iGold: writeFlash(addr=0x00000000, size=0x10000)
[INFO]: R4iGold: readFlash(addr=0x00080000, size=0x10000)
[INFO]: R4iGold: writeFlash(addr=0x00080000, size=0x10000)

How can i restore my R4 to be detected again in my 3ds ?

What did you flash to the r4 card?

what i did was :
-install kernel files in the r4
- load the r4 app
-load the flash app to the memory card in the r4
-execute the flash app
-create the dump option
-dump created
-inject fw option
-fw injected

after that r4 is not recognized anymore
using the magnet is not loading the godmode after sequence select start X power on magnet sequence.

in the folder are :
gm9
luma
TR_MagnetHax

Thanks Again

Last edited by Bertin07,

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello User154

Thanks for the answer, how can i restore the dump to the R4?

There is a file called R4iGold3DS-backup.bin in F:\ntrboot also there is another file called ntboot like log file with the following :

[INFO]: R4iGold: Init
[NOTICE]: R4iGold: HW Revision = a5a5a5a5
[NOTICE]: R4iGold: HW Type = b7db5bb5
[INFO]: R4iGold: Injecting ntrboot
[INFO]: R4iGold: readFlash(addr=0x00080000, size=0x10000)
[INFO]: R4iGold: writeFlash(addr=0x00080000, size=0x10000)

How can i restore my R4 to be detected again in my 3ds ?

Thanks Again

Did you manage to use it for ntrboot ok? I can help you get that working if you like?

To restore the r4 simply load up ntrboot flasher again and choose restore flash.

If you used the r4 card to flash itself (via ntrboot flasher ds) then you will need to finishing setting up boot9strap and Luma, so that you have a device capable of launching the ntrboot flasher firm payload.

Edit:

If you didn't want to install those now for whatever reason you could rename the ntrboot_flasher.firm to boot.firm and put it in the root of your sd card then start your 3ds in ntrboot mode with the r4 card inserted. This will load the ntrboot_flasher firm without modifying your 3ds.

Last edited by User154,

Bertin07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Did you manage to use it for ntrboot ok? I can help you get that working if you like?

To restore the r4 simply load up ntrboot flasher again and choose restore flash.

If you used the r4 card to flash itself (via ntrboot flasher ds) then you will need to finishing setting up boot9strap and Luma, so that you have a device capable of launching the ntrboot flasher firm payload.

Edit:

If you didn't want to install those now for whatever reason you could rename the ntrboot_flasher.firm to boot.firm and put it in the root of your sd card then start your 3ds in ntrboot mode with the r4 card inserted. This will load the ntrboot_flasher firm without modifying your 3ds.

Edit:

Hello User154

I want and i tied to do this

ntrboot_flasher.firm to boot.firm and put it in the root of your sd card then start your 3ds in ntrboot mode with the r4 card inserted. This will load the ntrboot_flasher firm without modifying your 3ds.

What is the ntrboot mode you mentioned? is the sequence select start X power on magnet?

I just already downloaded ntrbootflasher and remaned to boot.fim is in place in my root sd card, do i need something in the r4 card ?

Thanks

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello User154

I want and i tied to do this

ntrboot_flasher.firm to boot.firm and put it in the root of your sd card then start your 3ds in ntrboot mode with the r4 card inserted. This will load the ntrboot_flasher firm without modifying your 3ds.

What is the ntrboot mode you mentioned? is the sequence select start X power on magnet?

I just already downloaded ntrbootflasher and remaned to boot.fim is in place in my root sd card, do i need something in the r4 card ?

Thanks

ntrboot is when you boot with the magnet and start, select, x and power. Your 3DS will then boot whichever boot.firm is in the root of your sd card. Usually you would use this to install boot9strap by renaming safeb9sinstaller.firm to boot.firm. However if you really don't want to install cfw anymore you can just put the ntrboot_flasher.firm there instead and return your r4 to normal.

Bertin07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
ntrboot is when you boot with the magnet and start, select, x and power. Your 3DS will then boot whichever boot.firm is in the root of your sd card. Usually you would use this to install boot9strap by renaming safeb9sinstaller.firm to boot.firm. However if you really don't want to install cfw anymore you can just put the ntrboot_flasher.firm there instead and return your r4 to normal.
Finally i was able to boot , i just change the name to the file called
safeb9sinstaller.firm
then i was able to enter in a menu, but now is telling me "sighaxed firm was not found", what do you recommnd?

Edit, i just run the ntrbootflasher with the correct backup in place from SD and i was able to restore my R4 back to normal, if i want to try again install CFW which is the right path for my console?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Bertin07,

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally i was able to boot , i just change the name to the file called

then i was able to enter in a menu, but now is telling me "sighaxed firm was not found", what do you recommnd?

Edit, i just run the ntrbootflasher with the correct backup in place from SD and i was able to restore my R4 back to normal, if i want to try again install CFW which is the right path for my console?

Thanks again.

When you tried to launch safeb9sinstaller it sounds like maybe you didn't have the boot9strap firm and sha in the correct place on the sd card.

If you want to install cfw you should follow this guide:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)

it will guide you through the process and tell you what to do. You will gave to flash your r4 again though.

Caverns

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hHello friend, I contacted you because I have a similar problem, I managed to inject the firm with the r4 card and access godmode9 but when installing luma I made a mistake which prevented me from finishing the process, now I can access godmode9 but it is impossible for me to finish the luma installation process because I get a message saying that I did not inject the firm, so I cannot install luma and therefore I cannot recover the r4 card. What is the solution? Is there a file that I should add to the 3ds SD? Where can I find this? I need help, and the more early better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto