Hacking Unable to update Wii from 3.2

Abeerdrinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii that I havent played in over a year. Lets just say I was not here to be able to use it. Now I am I am trying to update the wii to 4.2 but fails everytime

I cant even get to this part

Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

It was softmodded back since 2.something so I already have the HBC beta 9 and Wad Manager 1.3 on the dash but for some reason I am not allowed to run wads or Dols without getting errors back. It keeps saying Not a valid Wii application.

I have even tried to use the easy updater but I cant seem to run anything in HBC without getting a error.

Should or how can I reset the wii back to default?
some kind of fix for this?

Thank you to anyone that responds

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Abeerdrinker said:
I have a wii that I havent played in over a year. Lets just say I was not here to be able to use it. Now I am I am trying to update the wii to 4.2 but fails everytime

I cant even get to this part

Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

It was softmodded back since 2.something so I already have the HBC beta 9 and Wad Manager 1.3 on the dash but for some reason I am not allowed to run wads or Dols without getting errors back. It keeps saying Not a valid Wii application.

I have even tried to use the easy updater but I cant seem to run anything in HBC without getting a error.

Should or how can I reset the wii back to default?
some kind of fix for this?

Thank you to anyone that responds
you know on the system menu(the one with the channels)?see the screw driver?thats the settings,it its in english you should get the idea,also,if you have wifi,just update your wii via wiiconnect24(settings,go find it)

Abeerdrinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I update cIOS rev14/15/16 I installed the HBC update from the internet. But still getting the error NOT A VALID WII APPLICATION in HBC on every dol I press select

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm has the actual system been updated to system menu 4.2? if not try running the official update and starting from scratch.

Abeerdrinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting the same error

"This is not a valid Wii application" on the wiisolitare

I also did the offical update and still having the same problem. I cant even get the Boot.dol prompt in SD menu

Abeerdrinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
use bannerbomb v2 for the sd menu. And by the way, install bootmii and do a nand backup before anythign else.

Everyone here should have recommended that BEFORE doing the official 4.2 update, kinda surprised that no one did.

nothing is popping up in the sd menu

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You need the alpha v2 bannerbomb package unzipped to your sd card exactly as it arrives in the unzipped format AND boot.elf of the hackmii installer in the root directory of your sd card. Might be worth re-formatting your sd card initially (storing whatever is in it elsewhere temporarily). That is assuming you are on 4.2 (which only one person recommended you should do)

Abeerdrinker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I really screwed the pooch. I got Bootmii to install via Hackmii but kept getting errors in HBC. So after trying so many options I forgot to copy off bootmii directory and formatted the SD but now not able to rebuild it? I can now load the Dol files from the SD menu but Hackmii is not letting me reinstall HBC and Bootmii but get the blank screen with the flashing Dvd tray

is there some way to reinstall Bootmii or remove it so that I can reinstall it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA