Unable to take screenshots with either w10's built in screenshot function or nvidia shadowplay

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 916
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
i used to take a lot of screenshots with Win+PrtScr, thing is, it doesnt work anymore, screen dims for a second (as it usually did) but no screenshot is saved, so i remembered nvidia shadowplay had a screenshot function, bound to Alt+F1, i used it for a day or so, and while slower than using Win+PrtScr it did the job, until it stopped working too, it doesnt even show an error message

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was Fn+PrntScrn, or just the print screen button by itself. This never actually saved screenshots for me, though, and instead saved it to the clipboard. So, try opening Paint and hit Ctrl+V to see if it's doing the same thing.

D

Deleted User

OP
Isn’t it just prntscrn?
win + printscr automatically saves the screenshot to a file, rather than having to paste it somewhere to save it

maybe try sharex? i never trusted the default screenshot functions in windows, and third party tools always offered more

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
win + printscr automatically saves the screenshot to a file, rather than having to paste it somewhere to save it

maybe try sharex? i never trusted the default screenshot functions in windows, and third party tools always offered more
yeah, i might hae to end up giving 3rd party solutions a try, though i'm still curious what may have triggered it, i get windows has it's issues, but shadowplay?

D

Deleted User

OP
yeah, i might hae to end up giving 3rd party solutions a try, though i'm still curious what may have triggered it, i get windows has it's issues, but shadowplay?
i've always had my own problems with shadowplay, wether it be causing screen flickering, destroying performance, or just not working

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I learned something new today, I never even knew about the win + printscr, and its ability to save the screenshot to a file.

I do know that pressing ALT + Printscr copies an open window or program to clipboard but needs something link MS Paint to save the picture in.

D

Deleted User

OP
I learned something new today, I never even knew about the win + printscr, and its ability to save the screenshot to a file.

I do know that pressing ALT + Printscr copies an open window or program to clipboard but needs something link MS Paint to save the picture in.
the one that only saves it to clipboard is just prnscrn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2