Hacking Unable to send data to HBC 1.0.6

jaybee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

This is not my day! I'm trying to transfer a dol file to HBC 1.0.6 with wiiload (the one that came with the hackmii installer) and it just wont send the data. I dont think its making a connection even!

I can ping everything else on my network but cannot ping the wii even tho the right icon on HBC is lit and the ip reads as 192.168.1.12 on HBC.

I have done the set WIILOAD=tcp:192.168.1.12 and tried wiiload file.dol but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've done the connection test on the wii and it checks out. It can get updates and files from Homebrew Browser no problem.

This is puzzling!
mad.gif

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's not uncommon that routers separate lan and wlan, so if your Wii is the only device you got connected to your router via wireless that might be the problem. If you're lucky there's an option to disable that in your router's settings.

jaybee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh you could be onto something there. I have 2 wii's. 1 upstairs (the testing one) and 1 downstairs the gaming one. I have two routers but only one receives the internet via cable. the one upstairs is connected to this. It is a modded Linksys WRT54 with Tomato firmware 1.25 on it I think so its hardly mickey mouse. The wii downstairs is connected wirelessl to another linksys router with stock firmware but this one is connected via cable ethernet to the one upstairs via a few gigabit switches. I should see if I can ping my laptop (which is wireless) from a wired pc. I can access my 5TB nas pc no problem from my wii and laptop tho so this is puzzling. I will try and ping the other wii later on and see if I have any luck. It could be a problem with homebrew channel. I will test and report back.

jaybee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh its definitely an issue with the security on the main router I think. The connection of the other wii via the other router which is wireless to wired works flawlessly. Both wii's have been modded in the same way and have the same sys software 4.2E with HBC 1.0.6 installed. I will have to take a look at my first routers settings. I will also try to connect the wii to the other wireless point and if that works (which it should) it proves its an issue with the first router. Thanks for your help people. Hopefully this thread will help others if they encounter the same problem.

jaybee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FIXED IT!
yaywii.gif

I found that for some reason AP ISOLATION was set in the router config which was keeping the wireless seperate from the rest of the network. Disabled this and now it works fine on both Wii's! nice one!
wink.gif

Thanks for your help people as this gave me some idea where to look.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2 or not pay attention and still reply