Can't access data manager

themulti440

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a modded Wii u and i was installing Hyrule warriors onto my USB drive. Since it was a little bit of a long install i decided to go out for a walk. When I came back there was just a black screen, so I reset the Wii u. I checked the home page to see if the games had installed. Nothing. I figure that it must've gotten interrupted at some point. It's worth mentioning I had previously installed games to my USB drive and it worked perfectly.

Anyway, i go to the data manager to delete the corrupt files and try again, but now I can't access it. It says in the data manager that there is no USB device connected, although the Wii u recognizes the USB drive in the home menu and my game icons appear but when i open them they load and give me an error message. Worse of all though i can't even access the internal storage data manager. Just says "preparing" and doesn't load. I couldn't find an answer on the internet and I'm getting frustrated. Help would be greatly appreciated.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a modded Wii u and i was installing Hyrule warriors onto my USB drive. Since it was a little bit of a long install i decided to go out for a walk. When I came back there was just a black screen, so I reset the Wii u. I checked the home page to see if the games had installed. Nothing. I figure that it must've gotten interrupted at some point. It's worth mentioning I had previously installed games to my USB drive and it worked perfectly.

Anyway, i go to the data manager to delete the corrupt files and try again, but now I can't access it. It says in the data manager that there is no USB device connected, although the Wii u recognizes the USB drive in the home menu and my game icons appear but when i open them they load and give me an error message. Worse of all though i can't even access the internal storage data manager. Just says "preparing" and doesn't load. I couldn't find an answer on the internet and I'm getting frustrated. Help would be greatly appreciated.
OK this is actually a pretty easy fix. Go into the eshop and download any demo game (doesn't matter which one) once it has downloaded the WiiU title database will fix itself allowing you to then get into data management and delete the botched install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-