Hacking Unable to play physical copy of Ultra Sun and I haven't used my 3DS for a long time

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So a couple years ago I used
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwiS4q789sTXAhXrjVQKHcMYDm4QFggsMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgbatemp.net%2Fattachments%2F3ds_hacking-_you_must_be_literally_retarded_edition-txt.37716%2F&usg=AOvVaw2Ss4KkUg-CnN_TM5MyQObD
to get homebrew on my old 3DS. Here is a screenshot of what's on the SD card:
rLFECJ6.png

I haven't used my 3DS in so long I don't remember a whole lot. I can't even figure out how to enter the homebrew menu.

9.2.0-20U is my current sysNAND version and 11.2.0-35U is my current emuNAND version. I came back from GameStop excited to play Pokemon Ultra Sun until I learned that you need at least 11.4.0-35U to play it.
What are my options here? I haven't touched 3DS hacking and CFWs in a long time and barely remember anything.

Edit: I posted this thread because my roommate mentioned that Nintendo released an update at some point that will brick your system if it detects any illegal stuff on it.

Last edited by DDR,

Marv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
If You’re using gateway forget about it. It’s not supported anymore. Install Luma3DS using ntrboothax - 3ds.guide

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I posted this thread because my roommate mentioned that Nintendo released an update at some point that will brick your system if it detects any illegal stuff on it.
not true.

you seem to be using arm9loaderhax. you should follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s (including the "Move EmuNAND" step at "Section IV - Updating the System").

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah, RxTools!

I think you could use a spoofed copy (from the iso site), but it might be as simple as using HANS....maybe? Do these if you want to try to play now-ish.

I haven't used my 3DS in so long I don't remember a whole lot. I can't even figure out how to enter the homebrew menu.

Maybe you were using the QR boot? Maybe you had a boot site saved in your favorites?

D

Deleted User

Update your a9lh to b9s using 3ds.guide,it's leagues simpler to update to b9s than what a9lh was last year.

Reactions: DDR

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch SafeB9SInstaller"

When holding start it boots into the Homebrew launcher. However I don't see SafeB9SInstaller anywhere in the list.

Edit: To anyone reading this I need help. I followed all the steps up to that point yet start is not launching SafeB9SInstaller

Last edited by DDR,

belak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow:

9. Delete any existing .bin payloads in the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card as they will not be compatible with boot9strap compatible Luma3DS versions

Before putting the other payloads in that folder? Specifically the SafeB9SInstaller bin.

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you follow:

9. Delete any existing .bin payloads in the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card as they will not be compatible with boot9strap compatible Luma3DS versions

Before putting the other payloads in that folder? Specifically the SafeB9SInstaller bin.
Funny story about that. I didn't have a payloads folder in my luma folder. I had to make it.

belak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get this figured out, I'd recommend the Nintendo Hacking discord linked to from the guide.

Alternatively, because you're still on SysNAND 9.2.0, I'm pretty sure you could just run through the guide from the start (Since you can just use soundhax to install b9s). Unfortunately, I'm not sure how easy it would be to transfer your EmuNAND if you do that.

Good luck!

Last edited by belak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night