Misc questions about a hacked 3DS console

manpaint

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I recently found my hacked 3DS in the closet and played around with it a little. I haven't been around the scene in like 6 years and I have a couple of questions that Google can't seems to directly answer.

1) All homebrew apps that I downloaded in the last month straight up don't work. I suppose it is because they are likely to only works with a newer 3DS version? I am currently on Ver 11.2.0-35U.

2) I had apparently installed a CFW called "NTR CFW". Is still possible to install Luma 3DS despite its presence? There's also a "luma" folder but I don't know if is installed or if I just tried to.

3) My 3DS won't boot without the SD card inserted. I read that I will need to archive some system files to make it work without it. Is it possible to do so without removing the CFW/modifications in the process?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me. Nearly every info I found was geared toward modding a "fresh" console or factory resetting and did not apply to my current context.

According to the timestamp on the SD card, that 3ds was modded on October 12th 2015 if that gives any pointers.

vBee3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The CFW is too old to properly run modern homebrew, you need to update your CFW.

1) Backup your SD card
2) As your 3DS was already modded, go to 3ds(dot)hacks(dot)guide/checking-for-cfw#what-to-do-next

Iirc NTR CFW requires luma (or other compatible cfw) to run. You most likely have it installed, so the guide above should be useful.

manpaint

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The CFW is too old to properly run modern homebrew, you need to update your CFW.

1) Backup your SD card
2) As your 3DS was already modded, go to 3ds(dot)hacks(dot)guide/checking-for-cfw#what-to-do-next

Iirc NTR CFW requires luma (or other compatible cfw) to run. You most likely have it installed, so the guide above should be useful.
Sorry for the late reply, but I am happy let you that the resource you posted helped me flawlessly. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for the record, I encountered a problem with my SD card. I managed to fix my problem but I am going to leave the answer here, so it become googleable.

So, I decided to upgrade my hacked 3DS' SD Card to a bigger one (16 gb to 64 gb). After copying all my files into the bigger SD Card, my apps would not show up. The problem was caused by the following:

I had previously used that 64 gb SD card in another 3DS. Therefore, it had an already existing "Nintendo 3DS" folder (along with a "dbs" "Private", "scrtool" and a 32 characters-long ID subfolders). When I copied the files, it did not overwrite the existing stuff as they have different IDs.

I fixed this problem by transferring the Nintendo 3DS folder from the 64 gb SD card to my PC. I then copied the Nintendo 3DS folder from the original 16 gb SD card folder to the 64 gb SD card and my apps now show up.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol