unable to play my backed up games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sidarian, Jan 27, 2009.

Jan 27, 2009
  1. sidarian
    OP

Newcomer sidarian Newbie

United States
    I just installed the gamma package following EmperorofCanada's guide, now when I use DVD+R discs and imgburn or Nero at 4x speed they won't load through Gamma. I get a black screen and the disc spins, if I load the config menu I force NTSC, and set the hook type to Wii Pad or VI (default). then I reboot, and I see "Rebooting with Hooks" and I get a green screen that flashes then the system reboots to the main wii screen.

Any Help?

2. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS

bUY SOME, OR SET BOOKTYPE.

3. mcj

Member mcj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Obviously you haven't read anything on how to play copies

4. macmel

Member macmel GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Is it not loading in Gamma only? Have you tried a different channel ( SoftChip)? Do you have a DVD-R you can use to reburn? Which brand of DVD+R are you using?

5. sidarian
    OP

Newcomer sidarian Newbie

United States
    not true, I have read and most things I have read say that +r works, but -r works better, unfortunately I haven't gone to the store to gent any -r's yet. A friend of mine also told me he uses +r and has had no problem

6. HaniKazmi

United Kingdom
    It depends on your wii drive. Some take anything, some dont take rewritables, most only take -rs. If you dont have any, most burners can change +r to -r, check the burning guide.

7. mcj

Member mcj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ya, I think it's true. Or you would haven't bothered to waste time with DVD+R. Just get -r and be done with it

8. AsosaYoung

Member AsosaYoung GBAtemp Fan

United States
    But in order to use +R's you must set your DVD burner book type to DVD-Rom.

9. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    And even if you did that your backups still might not work.

10. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    ALL mine do, i backed up 30 of my games so far onto DVD+R a few on - and they all work apart from the ones i messed up during the burning

11. HaniKazmi

United Kingdom
    Like i said, different wiis read diferent things. My wii wont read tdk dvds, no matter what type. It runs almost everything else.

12. sidarian
    OP

Newcomer sidarian Newbie

United States
    ok, I bought some dvd-r discs, and now it goes to a black screen for a few seconds (presumably loading), then all I get is a black screen with the Gamma backup loader image and a small gecko icon on the bottom, am I missing a wad or just a bad burn?

13. macmel

Philippines
    What game are you trying to play? Which region? Do you another loader (Softchip, Gecko)? And did you make an image of the original game?

14. sidarian
    OP

Newcomer sidarian Newbie

United States
    sorry, the game is Mario Strikers Charged. Since I don't know if I even did everything right, I just downloaded the ISO for now, until I get better at making my own. Region is NTSC and all I have is the homebrew channel and Gamma Backup loader

15. macmel

Philippines
    Is this the first time you're doing this or have you played backup games before?

16. sidarian
    OP

Newcomer sidarian Newbie

United States
    first time, I am admittedly a wii hacking noob. I have sucessfully modded other systems, but this is my first attempt at the wii.

17. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Did you used the cIOS installer...??

18. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I have a hunch on what the problem is. You have a normal non autoboot WAD of Gamma. Try taking out any GC memory cards and controllers. Come back and tell us if it worked