Hacking unable to play my backed up games

sidarian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the gamma package following EmperorofCanada's guide, now when I use DVD+R discs and imgburn or Nero at 4x speed they won't load through Gamma. I get a black screen and the disc spins, if I load the config menu I force NTSC, and set the hook type to Wii Pad or VI (default). then I reboot, and I see "Rebooting with Hooks" and I get a green screen that flashes then the system reboots to the main wii screen.

Any Help?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS DVD-RS

bUY SOME, OR SET BOOKTYPE.

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it not loading in Gamma only? Have you tried a different channel ( SoftChip)? Do you have a DVD-R you can use to reburn? Which brand of DVD+R are you using?

sidarian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not true, I have read and most things I have read say that +r works, but -r works better, unfortunately I haven't gone to the store to gent any -r's yet. A friend of mine also told me he uses +r and has had no problem

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It depends on your wii drive. Some take anything, some dont take rewritables, most only take -rs. If you dont have any, most burners can change +r to -r, check the burning guide.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidarian said:
not true, I have read and most things I have read say that +r works, but -r works better, unfortunately I haven't gone to the store to gent any -r's yet. A friend of mine also told me he uses +r and has had no problem

But in order to use +R's you must set your DVD burner book type to DVD-Rom.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
AsosaYoung said:
sidarian said:

And even if you did that your backups still might not work.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
david432111 said:
AsosaYoung said:
sidarian said:

ALL mine do, i backed up 30 of my games so far onto DVD+R a few on - and they all work apart from the ones i messed up during the burning

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
david432111 said:
AsosaYoung said:
sidarian said:

ALL mine do, i backed up 30 of my games so far onto DVD+R a few on - and they all work apart from the ones i messed up during the burning
Like i said, different wiis read diferent things. My wii wont read tdk dvds, no matter what type. It runs almost everything else.

sidarian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I bought some dvd-r discs, and now it goes to a black screen for a few seconds (presumably loading), then all I get is a black screen with the Gamma backup loader image and a small gecko icon on the bottom, am I missing a wad or just a bad burn?

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sidarian said:
ok, I bought some dvd-r discs, and now it goes to a black screen for a few seconds (presumably loading), then all I get is a black screen with the Gamma backup loader image and a small gecko icon on the bottom, am I missing a wad or just a bad burn?

What game are you trying to play? Which region? Do you another loader (Softchip, Gecko)? And did you make an image of the original game?

sidarian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, the game is Mario Strikers Charged. Since I don't know if I even did everything right, I just downloaded the ISO for now, until I get better at making my own. Region is NTSC and all I have is the homebrew channel and Gamma Backup loader

sidarian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first time, I am admittedly a wii hacking noob. I have sucessfully modded other systems, but this is my first attempt at the wii.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a hunch on what the problem is. You have a normal non autoboot WAD of Gamma. Try taking out any GC memory cards and controllers. Come back and tell us if it worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.