Misc Unable to connect n3DS XL to computer using microSD Management

Refisio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

recently discovered that I am unable to connect my n3DS XL to my computer when I use microSD Management through the 3DS Settings menu. Currently getting this error whenever I try to access the SD Card through my computer.

The only thing that I have done to the SD Card is install Homebrew Launcher and the steelhax entrypoint. I originally had Menuhax, but uninstalled that through the Menuhax Launcher, and installed basehaxx before getting steelhax for 11.1. I am currently on 11.1.0.34U firmware.

A full album of my 3DS SD Root and my root/3ds folder can be found here.

Edit: This only started to happen after I updated to 11.1 firmware.

Last edited by Refisio,

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Woah, I was going to make this same topic, I'm having the exact same issues, just yesterday in the morning I was able to connect no problem and now I can't, I've tried multiple suggestions to no effect, last thing I did was to "install" PCHex++ and used it, but I really doubt it had to do with that. I'm currently at 11.0.0-33U, hope someone is able to shed some light into the problem

KibaLight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

recently discovered that I am unable to connect my n3DS XL to my computer when I use microSD Management through the 3DS Settings menu. Currently getting this error whenever I try to access the SD Card through my computer.

The only thing that I have done to the SD Card is install Homebrew Launcher and the steelhax entrypoint. I originally had Menuhax, but uninstalled that through the Menuhax Launcher, and installed basehaxx before getting steelhax for 11.1. I am currently on 11.1.0.34U firmware.

A full album of my 3DS SD Root and my root/3ds folder can be found here.

Edit: This only started to happen after I updated to 11.1 firmware.

I got that error once, I solved it changing the user/pass/name in the 3DS config.

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After a lot of time I finally made it work by mere accident, I changed an option in the windows 10 config. to let my computer be regonized by other devices. just go to your network and click on it, I don't know the exact name though since my computer is in spanish, but it's something like "Make this PC recognizable" hope this helps :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission